NGD.....(5 Days Later)

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by MusicallyMrM, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Cobra

Cobra Squier-Meister

Mar 8, 2018
    Florida
    Cool story, excellent playing and to do that for a young person is off the charts!
    You Sir are a gem, my hat is off to you.

MusicallyMrM, Eddie and ElRey67 like this.
  2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Nice job all around !

You really need to post more though :D:D

MusicallyMrM and Eddie like this.
  3. GEECEE

GEECEE Squier-Meister

Jan 11, 2017
    MI
    Nice story, nice playing!

MusicallyMrM likes this.
  4. MusicallyMrM

MusicallyMrM Squier Talker

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I will definitely be doing just that. I tend to be an incredulous work-a-holic. I own a small studio that keeps me really busy

Pat V., Eddie and fattboyzz like this.
  5. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    WOW!! Great playing.
    Smooth, soulful, WOW!!
    I am sure you could make any guitar sound great
    because you feel the music.
    Teach me!!
    And welcome :)

BlueSquirrel, MusicallyMrM and Eddie like this.
  6. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    thanks for proving the value of a humble Squier Affinity Tele...

Good out of the box, great with some mods.

Eddie and MusicallyMrM like this.
  7. Gip111

Gip111 Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    Boy I love the way that tele sounds, though I know you could make any guitar sound great.
    I as well have an Affinity tele and just last night was contemplating changing pickups.
    Could you share what pickups you put in that Affinity?

Eddie and MusicallyMrM like this.
  8. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    It has a Fender vintage noiseless set in it now.......essentially a stacked Humbucker at the neck and reverse wound bridge.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Pat V. and Eddie like this.
  9. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    The Transtube technology was designed by a very talented amp designer/engineer named James Brown, who also designed the Classic Series that we all love so much (the Classic 20, 30, 50 and Delta Blues) and the EVH5150 and JSX (Satriani) amps at Peavey. He also did the popular Stereo Chorus line, as well as the Ultra, Triumph, and Bravo amps at Peavey. And then he went to Kustom and did some cool amps for them, and is now running his own company called Amptweaker, which is mostly pedals, but he introduced his first Amptweaker amp at NAMM in Jan 2018.

txflood, MusicallyMrM and Eddie like this.
  10. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hartly Peavey always had an extraordinary due for discovering outstanding technology talent to aid in the development of Peavey products that were reliable, cutting edge and working class musician Affordable.

Pat V. likes this.
  11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I used to have a lot of respect for Hartley. He made quality products at very reasonable prices. He vowed that he would never sell to mail order retailers (this was before the internet, MF was the only big player, and was a catalog retailer) and with the explosion of the internet and online giants like MF and SW, it's forgivable that he joined the fray. Besides, people in remote and smalltown/rural areas often have no local well stocked music store from which to make purchases, or any store at all. But, he also promised to never move production overseas. Anyone who's seen the infamous episode of Undercover Boss about Peavey must be appalled at the way those employees were treated and lied to, many of who worked for Peavey for their whole adult lives since graduating high school. They talked about not having a raise for years, about having their benefits slashed, and one man had a better paying job lined up, and Peavey convinced him to stay, and they would match the other offer, and made big promises to the other employees as well, only to fire them all two weeks later when they announced that all production was moving overseas and the plant was closing. Mind you, Mississippi is a very low pay, low income state, and Hartley was already a very wealthy man, and would continue to be very prosperous and wealthy/profitable had he stayed in Meridian, which probably has very little other opportunity for employment for their citizens. And those workers helped to make him as successful and wealthy as he was.
    At the store where I worked we sold a boatload of Peavey amps, but when Hartley's son started running things, he was such a DB to deal with, that we, and every other dealer in Hawaii, dropped them. So, now there are ZERO Peavey dealers in Hawaii. I see this as another example of corporate greed and arrogance run amok, from a man who I used to believe was better than that.