NGD.....(5 Days Later)

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by MusicallyMrM, Feb 9, 2019.

1. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    He traded the green for the sunburst and reworked the sb. That's what I'm gathering by the follow up showing the green.

MusicallyMrM, corn and Pat V. like this.
  2. MusicallyMrM

MusicallyMrM Squier Talker

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Yes......motivating a student who may not have been able to have purchased such an instrument on his own. Positive reinforcement

3. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    @MusicallyMrM,
    welcome to the forum. Sweet, warm tone you have there. Thanks for sharing the story. That amp is the very first amp I ever had (Bandit 65 i think). 1986 i believe. I let it go years ago. At the time I knew very little about guitars and amps. It was too loud for me at the time, not being very good, so I didn't know how to get it dialed in. But man, you are making it sound like a gem.

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

You've been here a long time in spirit ! Welcome home !

5. T5854

T5854 Squier Talker

Aug 31, 2018
    USA
    Simplistic and beautiful Mr. M. That Tele, Bandit, and your skills are a great combo. I replaced my Sheffield as well - not that it wasn't decent, but something better fell into my lap. Btw, beautiful Guitar...
    Almost forgot. 2016 was the last year for Rosewood on Affinities. 2017 was the start of Pau Ferro for anyone interested.

6. MusicallyMrM

MusicallyMrM Squier Talker

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    My Bandit is a 96 when they added Transtube technology to the pre amp side of the amp to simulate that "bottle" imaging and tube type day that we love in real tube amps. The non transtube bandits (which weren't bad for solid state) have a completely different vibe in comparison to the Transtube. Forgive me for sounding like a teacher. I've only been at it for 40 years

7. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Teach away bro!
    There are a bunch of teachers on this forum. Not by title, but by knowledge sharing. All good.
    I remember the amp would jump in volume between 2 and 3, and it just drove me nuts. It probably only needed slight mods and maybe even a replacement potentiometer. Long time ago, so not sure what I could have done back then.

8. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

Excellent playing, tone and feel! Welcome aboard! Cool that you are into the tech side as well as the music.

9. Toddcaster64

Toddcaster64 Squier-holic

Apr 1, 2013
    Ventura
    I’m not generally a big fan of pearloid PGs, but damn if they don’t look great on teles.

10. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    man, that was SO sweet, @MusicallyMrM !! Thanks for sharing, and nice to meet you, sir :)

11. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Yeah but the sound quality ( Recording ) is excellent....

12. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    That sounds really good.. i could listen to your playing all day.. kept reminding me of jimmys little wing..
    Welcome to squier talk.. hope to enjoy more of your sound..
    Curious what you traded for the tele.. this one was your students?.. hope he got a good deal.. :)
    Now lets hear that american tele.. :D

13. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Very nice playing Sir! Nice tone from that Tele!

14. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    You , Sir, are an amazing person and a great role-model. ;)
    Hats off to you! ^_^

15. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Please, do sound like a teacher! We love teachers here! ;)

Welcome to the S. T. forum ! Congrats on your supersweet playing and thanks for sharing your knowledge!

16. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    So are you this student’s music teacher I assume ? Welcome to the forum :cool:

17. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Welcome MrM, glad to have you aboard. Awesome job on the upgrade, sounds fantastic! Very nice of you to help a young person who wants to learn the way you did.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  18. rorygman

rorygman Squier-Nut

May 9, 2017
    Barcelona
    Hey there, @MusicallyMrM, welcome to Squier-Talk! ... what an awesome and lovely story about your green Tele. :) Thanks for sharing the clip, that's a beautiful tone you've got there.
    Enjoy the forum!!
    Best regards,
    rorygman :cool:

19. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Welcome to the forum!. Funny you recommend the Squier Affinity to your students. My teacher did the same.

20. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    An Affinity is a great guitar to start with ... and keep for the rest of our lives. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice