NGD.....(5 Days Later)

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by MusicallyMrM, Feb 9, 2019.

1. MusicallyMrM

MusicallyMrM Squier Talker

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I have a young student (who has become a dynamic guitarist). Long story short, he got around to playing a cherished Malachite Green Fender Telecaster American I had.....a beautiful maple neck and after a few minutes it was clear that this was the guitar for him. Instant Tel e-holic.:)

The next day, he showed up at my studio with a 2015 Squier Affinity two color sunburst Tele. To be really honest, for the money, the Affinity series guitars are pretty good. I recommend them to a lot of parents and students as excellent beginner guitars. With some minor upgrades, they become just as nice most MIM or even a few Americans I've played. I love project guitars (this was not the only Tele I own) and wanted to trade so....

......this is my "improved" Affinity Tele complete with a new vintage 5 hole pearloid pickguard from "The Stratosphere", a set of vintage noiseless pickups (scored off of ebay), all new electronics including CTS-style 250k pots, Grigsby 3 way switch and orange drop tone caps, Gotoh 871 Locking tuners and a very good setup. This has quickly become one of my favorite players and I thought I'd share it here with those who appreciate a good, old fashion plank.

Attached Files:

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Welcome to the forum Mr. M. That's a nice looking gee-tar.

Squiers are not just for beginners. It's like Trix ... I still love em. :)

3. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina

Also thought I'd post a sound sample from my youtube vid......not long and mainly on the neck pickup but it will give you an idea of the vintage fender noiseless pickups in this application. Hit me back and tell me what you honestly think

bigal1000, edchavez, MadJack and 18 others like this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Is that handsome guy you? You have a sweet and smooth tone. Man, I wish I could play like that. Even through my cheapo laptop speakers, that sounds good. :)

Just goes to show how good these Squiers can be. :)

Thanks for sharing.

5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Welcome to Squier Talk ! You have a nice touch ! and great tone - what are you playing out of ? Pickups sound great !

6. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Excellent! The guitar has a beautiful tone but I suspect it's mostly due to your fingers (and heart). Your delicate approach is to be admired.

7. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  8. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Nice teles welcome to ST.

9. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    For this demo, I'm using a 90's Transtube Peavey Bandit running at 75% sag. Discarded the Sheffield speaker and replaced it with an Eminence 1258. Using an EHX Holy Grail Plus Reverb for a little "spiritual healing" ;)

10. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around awhile. :)

We love Squiers.

11. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thank you kindly.......I plan to :D

12. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Wow! That sounded great, the mellow tone and the great playing!

BTW, welcome to Squier Talk! Hope you stick around with us! And I love Teles!

13. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Hi and a hearty welcome to Squier-Talk.

The noiseless pickups in the Affinity Tele sound great. You playing style is smooth and flowing, fantastic sound and tone. Stick around, kick your shoes off and post more of that smooth blues. Thank you.

14. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    FB_IMG_1549767947175.jpg FB_IMG_1549767960848.jpg Just for comparison, this is the Telecater that got traded......

Rat cam 68, fattboyzz, Cobra and 7 others like this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    ElRey67 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  16. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    Not sure I understand this thread

17. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Just sharing and showing love for the Affinity Squie R and it's potential at very little coin

fattboyzz, corn and ElRey67 like this.
  18. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I think that Mr. M. traded the Green Tele to his talented student for the Affinity and he modded the Affinity and played it sweetly for the camera.... and us.

I may be wrong though.

jstallings, corn, Caddy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kenneth Mountain

I believe he traded his Green USA to a student who deserves it more ? That's my take ?

20. Kenneth Mountain

:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice