NEXT MYSTERY BOX Get on the Train ! ! !

Discussion in 'FREE to a good home!' started by Kenneth Mountain, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    I don't think plugging them in to see what they do would put a amp at risk ? Plug them in to your least expensive amp and see what they do ? ( sounds kinda fun really ) If something goes wrong I'll send you another amp or compensate you however you want ! I'd like to believe that a fellow brother would not put a broken or unpredictable pedal that might cause damage in the Mystery Box ? Do you have a little frontman or SP-10 laying around ? I have your back !

theflow, jefffam and ElRey67 like this.
  2. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    I agree with Ken. Our brethren here would not do something like that. The first box I was involved in had 3 mystery pedals and I was able to try them all out with no damage. Just my $0.02

3. rolloman

rolloman Squier-Nut

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    A direct short I would not think would hurt an amp. Usually the input jack does just that when a cord is not plugged in.

4. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    It's looking like Wednesday for the box going on it's way There is still some time.

I don't want to give away what they are; let's just say I can test two of the pedals if need be, but don't have the amp for the other one.

It's all good. I'm just trying to make things more interesting and give a better feel to everyone left in the rotation for the items in the box. I promise to put in some neat/useful things, maybe not real high dollar but good to have.

5. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    hey fellas, I'm thinking of getting another mystery box started in a few weeks. I'll be sending this one clockwise once the current box gets passed me outta Florida. I know guitar guy is interested , and I have seen where a couple of other members are wanting to get in on the fun. So , if you are interested, PM me with your name and address. I've got some things to get one started.

theflow, ElRey67 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    I'm in ! use the Kenmore address !

nitro and theflow like this.
  7. rolloman

rolloman Squier-Nut

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    I'm in. Pm Sent. How bouts a new name attached to this Mystery Box to distinguish from the others.:)

nitro, theflow and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  8. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    I know right? Just couldn’t think of one. Lol

9. rolloman

rolloman Squier-Nut

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    Suggestions anyone? "The Nitro Mystery Box"?

nitro, theflow and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Nah, this cant be about little ole me. Im calling it “NEW MYSTERY BOX 2018” . That should work. For those that haven’t seen it yet, Ive also started a thread for this in VC’s Parlor.

theflow and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    To keep everything on the up and up, Im trying to devise a way of insuring some symbolance of equallity. I realize we dont all have the same incomes or equipment for that matter.

I just want everyone to understand how this is supposed to work, and whats expected of each one that takes part before the box leaves my door.

I will post a couple of rules of this box when its ready to get started. Stay tuned ...

12. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
  13. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Now that, right there, was funny..Don't care who ya are..

14. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I'm in Nitro ! :)

nitro and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  15. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Stay organized ! You'll thank me for this advise later ! and watch the thread - it can go awry ! lol

nitro, theflow and rolloman like this.
  16. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    I picked up a nice address book. And made a list of names from the PM’s that I’ve recieved so far. Here’s the list so far;

1, TheFlow
    2,Ken Mountain
    3,Snivlem
    4,Rolloman
    5, Jackdragbean
    6,Whaynes3
    7, Jeepster61605
    8, Silvering233

I’m pretty sure I’ve not missed anyone. I’ll double check though. Thanks for the advice Ken.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  17. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Hey everyone,
    First off, my apologies for not getting the box out of here today. My wife is ill and she is my driver, but it will go out tomorrow.

I did 'kind of' figure out one pedal. I don't have the amp for the other two.

What I am taking:

take out rs.jpg

A combination of freebie take outs (for room) and the same from 2 boxes back. Anyone wanting, just PM me and we'll figure postage. The loaded p/g is from an Affinity, if I remember correctly, ceramic magnets with Asian box switch & dime size pots. The bag of traps, are traps. Between my own collection and take out freebies from the prior box, I have at least twice that many or so as well. Free to anyone, just postage.

freebie extras.jpg

There was also a fancy-ish pickguard that is broken in at least 7 places, some severe and an amber push-on Strat type knob, but it is broke with about 1/5 of the numbered skirt missing. If no one has any objection, I plan on them going into the circular file.

Again, the box will go out tomorrow.

Jeff

18. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
  19. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Sorry Ken, didn't mean to be rude and high-jack your thread for your box ,so I started a new one. Sorry if it caused any confusion for anyone. And thanks again for your help

20. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Don't be silly ! You didn't highjack anything - this box run couldn't be more confused ! I wish you / us smooth sailing from here on out ! Best of Luck !

theflow, ElRey67, nitro and 2 others like this.