New Weird Guitar that does it all?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by SquierTap, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:29 PM.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    So, what do you guys think about this...
    I JUST saw this, and I'm still rollin it over in my mind... The only thing I'm sure of is that I don't dig piezo pickups... The only expierence I've got is with acoustic/electrics, though... I guess it'd be nice to have a couple EQ options with one, though...
    It IS a cool trick that the whole back pops off and you can change pickups in literally 3 seconds... Lol, heck, he changed the bridge pup WHILE he was playin the neck pup... That's pretty cool, man...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:42 PM
    Robb, seua, BlueSquirrel and 5 others like this.
  2. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
  3. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Meister

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
  4. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    It's like the demonstration guitars that Gibson et al used to make for the salesman to carry around in a suitcase. Pup in different pickups to hear the differences.

Interesting, thought never worked for Armstrong... of course an acrylic body and whatnot had other things going on too.

SquierTap and BlueSquirrel like this.
  5. breek

breek Squier Talker

Mar 2, 2019
    germ-any
    Just watched that the other day. Interesting concept, priced as expected...

SquierTap likes this.
  6. Exhead

Exhead Squier Talker

Jul 15, 2015
    Nevada
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Yeah, the price pretty much kills it for me... I'm not like most people, but IF I was
    gonna spend $600 to $1000 for a guitar, with spending that much, I guess I'd have to go with a "proven" company, and a classic design (Tele, Strat, LP, etc) that I loved...
    If it was cheaper, now...

TEXINGA and stratman420 like this.
  8. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    That is scary crazy. not for me

SquierTap, brians and TEXINGA like this.
  9. otisblove

otisblove Squier-Nut

Aug 19, 2016
    Chicago
    Very cool, but soldering pickups in my basement is one of my favorite stress relievers.

SquierTap, TEXINGA and stratman420 like this.
  10. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    I guess it would be fun to have, but I doubt it would be my main guitar.

SquierTap and TEXINGA like this.
  11. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Meister

Dec 7, 2018
    GA
    nice, would never spend that kind of money on it unless I wanted it to show my friends and have them say "wow cool", and put it back in the case and pull out my Fender and begin playing.

SquierTap likes this.
  12. Toddcaster64

Toddcaster64 Squier-holic

Apr 1, 2013
    Ventura
    Wow, I’m usually the stick in the mud who can’t handle change, but I’ve gotta say, I was impressed. I thought it sounded great, and it wasn’t bad looking either. I dig it.

SquierTap likes this.
  13. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    +1.
    I dig it as well. The idea of having only one guitar is fantastic for people who don't have a lot of space (btw I think the Variax concept is interesting as well for that reason).

SquierTap and Toddcaster64 like this.
  14. seua

seua Squier-Nut

Mar 23, 2014
    France
    I dig it too, just need to play it for a while before to say more about... ;)

BlueSquirrel and SquierTap like this.
  15. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

I really wanted to hate this but couldn't. Some people drool over a 2019 Nissan GT-R and others want a '66 GTO but most can generally at least appreciate the other. Guitars are no different. If I wasn't more of a traditionalist and less driven by sentimentality, why not?

SquierTap likes this.
  16. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah, a little hefty in the price, but a really good concept and execution. Having the wiring done through the pickup ring is clever.

IIRC, an S-T member was kicking around the idea of a guitar with quickly interchangeable pickups last year.

SquierTap likes this.
  17. fuelish

fuelish Squier-Nut

I'm kinda a "traditionalist" in many senses as far as guitars go, the most "unique" guitar I own is a BMG Special, it's pretty sweet. At this point I have my tonal bases pretty well covered, don't need any more guitars (although am awaiting delivery of a mid '60's Harmony H15 Bobkat)...if I had the money to burn, I'd entertain the idea of buying one...it is indeed an interesting concept in a few ways :cool:

SquierTap likes this.
  18. Tamarindo03

Tamarindo03 Squier-Meister

Mar 18, 2017
    Lucerne
    Relish guitars is based just a five minutes drive from my home. At the 11. of may they are doing the "The relish guitar & beer fest". As you can see in the picture there are two glasses of beer, a guitar and a sausage. I think i know what i do at this date.

0173176E-1898-40FC-9D62-B421B0C08218.jpeg

Davis Sharp and SquierTap like this.
  19. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That's weird, lol... Cause attempting to solder pickups in my kitchen is one of my main stress CAUSERS, lol...
    Naw, I've gotten better at it... I do need to get a better iron and soldering station... I just started modding about a year ago and I ordered one of those cheap irons off Amazon... The 2nd time I used it, the temperature adjuster gauge fell off, and the 3rd time I used it, the tip fell off and I had to wedge it back to limp through that job, lol...
    If I had a decent iron, I can see where it would be fun and stress relieving...

Davis Sharp and otisblove like this.
  20. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Amen... Right there with ya...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice