New Vox practice amps

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by DougMen, Jan 21, 2019.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Vox has new versions of the VX1 and Vx2 called the VX15GT and Vx50GT, with the same basic cabinet and control panel design, VX15GT-Front-800x600-1.jpg VX50GTV-Front-800x600.jpg VX15GT-Top-800x600-5.jpg VX50GTV-Top%20800x600-5.jpg except with a grill cloth instead of the big diamond shaped holes in the plastic front of the cabinet. They also have the same amp models and effects, except they've done away with the Tweed Bassman model and put in a setting called "line" in it's place, which is for acoustic guitars. The VX15GT is still 15watts with a 6.5" speaker and no USB, just like the VX1, but the price has gone from $100 to $130. The VX50GT is 50 watts instead of the Vx2's 30, still with a 8" speaker, and USB connection, but the price has gone up from $150 to $230, and the VX50GT also has the Korg Nutube in it, like the MV50 heads and the Mini Super Beetle.

drewcp, theflow, fattboyzz and 3 others like this.
  2. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    I really like the look of this and see that Vox have recently over the past year or two bought a lot of cheap, practise amps out and I like that they’re doing this. Bringing more affordable amps out, gives another option to people at this prce point, like the VX1 is about £70 here in the UK the boss katana costs almost £200 here now. Which is a lot more.

Then there’s the Vox Adio Air GT (which I have) to rival the Yamaha THR which has more options and is cheaper. I love it

They have released those superbeetles, and they’re bringing out another one in this Winter NAMM too, don’t remember what it was but looked some good ones

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I recently bought one of the little Vox ac\dc amps.

Although not one of the ones your talking about ,it's a great little amp and sounds much better than I ever woulda thought.

Great practice amp that would be ideal for an apartment setting, because it still sounds great at lower volumes.

Taurus likes this.
  4. seua

seua Squier-Nut

Mar 23, 2014
    France
    interesting...

5. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Anybody selling them yet ?

6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    SW has them on their website for pre-order. They say "new item, coming soon". They're usually one of the first to get new products in stock.

7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    You're talking about the Mini 3, or Mini 5 with the on-board drum machine.

8. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I should add that one other change is that in any amp model if you hold down the program button until the LEDs go out then it's in the manual mode where all the settings are WYSIWYG, where the knob setting is where that control is set, like the VT amps. On the VX1 and 2 the knobs settings are all preset, so the gain, tone, volume and effects knobs don't actually show you where that parameter is set to until you move that knob.

9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    The Mini3G2 .

10. bsilver

bsilver Squier Talker

Dec 19, 2018
    Sylvania Ohio
    Maybe you can help me.? Just purchased VX I. When I change the amp model it appears to go into a preset mode and the volume increases until I move the knob. Is this normal. I can not find any help on basic operations

11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    That's the design. When you switch amp models, the gain, tone, volume, and effects are all preset. The only one that isn't preset is the power level knob.They don't reflect the actual position of the knobs until you move them. The way I deal with it is to turn the volume knob down when I switch amp models, then turn it up to a reasonable volume level, and then tweak the gain, tone, and effects settings to my liking. That's one difference that the VTX series and the new VX15 and VX50 have-they have a manual mode that you can activate by pushing and holding down the program button until the LED's turn off, and then all the settings are where the knobs currently are. But, the VX1 doesn't have that mode. The Fender Mustang 1 is the same way. The only setting that's active and not preset is the master volume knob, which is the same as the power level knob on the VX1.

AllroyPA likes this.
  12. bsilver

bsilver Squier Talker

Dec 19, 2018
    Sylvania Ohio
    Thank you! I have to tell you for $100.00 amp it’s really fun to use.

drewcp and DougMen like this.
  13. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Squier-Meister

Feb 2, 2013
    Bucharest - RO
    That's ok for me, enough for home use... 2019-06-12 12.03.52.jpg

Tele-kitty and drewcp like this.
  14. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    Pretty cool, if nothing else it would look good up on a shelf.

drewcp likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice