New tuners and saddle day

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by rbh32, Aug 30, 2018.

1. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    0A28D7EC-7C2D-4492-BD9C-CB0051ABE1D3.jpeg BE24775E-93C0-4AF3-BE2A-410B4DAD5A51.jpeg D2C829B3-C599-4033-857F-58235AB0B07F.jpeg just got my new tuners on last night, and have had the new saddles for about a week. Gotoh SD-91 staggered tuners and some unbranded slotted brass saddles. The tuner post holes had to be drilled out for the new bushings, but running the drill backwards worked, even though I did have a little chipping on the backside. I pressed the bushings in with a c clamp ( I know I was taking a big chance with the crude tools for this job, but I got impatient and it worked out) The chipping and all but one screw hole was hidden by the tuners, so I’m happy with it. The saddles were really cheap and started as an experiment to see if the bigger saddles would work so I could buy some Gotoh compensated saddles, but I like them so much I may keep them. It sounds so much better than the steel ones, and the slots keep the strings in place. Anyway, here’s the pics.... oh, and I put a round Tele string tree on there, just because I don’t like the bent ones.

2. spyhawk36

spyhawk36 Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2011
    Detroit
    What is the neck profile like on the your duo- sonic? I have been thinking about buying one but I never played one before.

3. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Nice touches! I have the same in red. Solid instrument and sound.

4. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    Honestly, I don’t have a lot to compare the neck profile to. I have pretty small hands and short fingers and this feels pretty comfortable. I had been looking for a short scale like this for a while, and still have an idea of either a mini strat or a strat or Tele with a mini strat neck as well.

5. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Meister

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    Nice! The round string tree is a nice touch, adds to the maple neck vibe

6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I can measure mine if you want. It's a MIM, but the neck is anything but new MIM profiles -I completely dislike them. This is actually more like a recent Bullet profile. Nut much hump along the length. A shallow D cross section.

7. spyhawk36

spyhawk36 Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2011
    Detroit
    You don’t have to measure it. Would you say someone with smaller hands would like the neck profile better than a large hand person? Is the neck thinner than a Squier Standard Strat?

8. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    I have small hands (men’s medium cadet[short fingers]) gloves, and I like this neck profile. It’s close but not exactly the same as the Squier mini neck to me, but that may be that the fretboard radius might be different. I’ll have to check. Oh, and I got a used Mini to play with.:D
    And thanks about the string tree. I like the looks of it a lot too. :)

spyhawk36 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice