New Spin On The Old Nigerian Prince Scam

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by nobucks, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

1. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got an email this morning informing me that, unless I sent $5,000, the sender would have no choice but, at 8pm tomorrow, to fulfill the $10,000 contract taken out on my life by one of my friends. Upon receipt of my money, he would call off the hit, send me all of his surveillance recordings from my phone, plus, tell me which of my friends had taken out the contract, along with recordings of the friend taking out the hit.

So...which one of you is it?

That's a refreshing twist on the Nigerian prince email scam, and more fun than the Argentinian Lottery... :p

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-Nut

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Tell him you look forward to seeing him at 8pm, and showing him what happens to snitches.

nobucks, vlxerdon, surf green and 3 others like this.
  3. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If I'd known I had friends with that kind of money, I would've been a lot nicer to him or her. ;)

4. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Nice knowing you nobucks,, can I have your telecaster?..
    since I take it by your handle "nobucks" you wont be paying the bribe,,, Probably a good thing since the contract is 10,000 why just settle for 5,000 when I err,, I mean he can have 15,000.. :D

5. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If I were to pay, it would be in lead... ;)

6. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:29 AM
    nobucks likes this.
  7. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Fox Point, WI
    lol, I would reply with an address and a time where I will be waiting for him (to give him the $$, of course) ;)

squierbilly and nobucks like this.
  8. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    A few years ago, I was riding my bicycle home. Some clown in a big Lincoln made a hard right turn right in front of me, causing me to make an emergency right turn to avoid being squished. I gave him a shout and the customary middle finger salute. This clown followed me home, into a gated village (I was going faster than him, so I was ahead by a bit), then he got out of his car and went through my front gate.

I saw all this happening and when I got home several seconds ahead of him, I ran upstairs leaving the front door open, grabbed my Ruger P-89 9mm, and slammed a magazine into it. Mr Clown was just coming up to my front door as I was coming down the stairs and pulling back the slide, thereby chambering a round.

It's amazing how polite and contrite he became when faced with his imminent demise. If his body had landed inside my threshold, I would have been free and clear: He tried to kill me with his car; He followed men into a gated compound; He trespassed onto my private property.

Lemme know if I can help.... ;)

9. Joe90

Joe90 Squier-Meister

Jul 6, 2014
    Western Canada
    This is like a Nigerian scam catapulted into the stratosphere! There's conspiracy to commit murder, extortion, wiretapping, and uttering threats.

I'd pass this onto the police just because the person who sent you the email is such an idiot.

squierbilly, rorygman and nobucks like this.
  10. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, I know, I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do anything with it or not. I may stop by the cop shop with it tomorrow just to give them something fun to do. But, the email did say that I can't go to the police or they'll know and move up their timetable. :p

squierbilly likes this.
  11. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    When they say dont go to the police,,, that means Go To The Attorney Generals Office!.. :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 6:17 AM
    nobucks and Birddog144 like this.
  12. Jmv668

Jmv668 Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2017
    Chile
  13. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I received a threat once via mail (all printed), because of my union activity..
    Carried a double barrel 12 gauge in my car for a while..And made sure that everyone knew it..

14. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A printed an mailed actual letter might concern me more, esp. if it referenced specific activities. I'd do the same Papa.

I'm assuming this is a scam, 1) because I have no friends with that kind of money 2) English is a second language for the guy 3) I emailed him back about where to send the money and he told me there are five good snipers watching me. Yeah, right.

It's been fun walking around the house/garage with my AK over my shoulder, but it does get in the way of my guitar. ;)

squierplayer likes this.
  15. Yup ... I like the idea of paying the ransom in precious metal ... LEAD .

Cheers, Barrie.

nobucks likes this.
  16. Robbmonster

Robbmonster Squier-holic

I actually received something similar via SMS direct to my phone once. I was riding a bus at the time, and while I knew it was BS, there's always the little tickle in the back of the mind...

The one I got was along the lines of we can see you right now and we will kill you unless you do... I don't recall what the demands were.

Long story short, I'm still here to post this, so...

nobucks likes this.
  17. Merv_j

Merv_j Squier Talker

Aug 6, 2017
    Lincoln uk
    Being a UK resident I am amazed that you have the freedom to do that in your country. If that happened over here I would have had to call the Police, wait as he beat me for the half an hour it would take them to respond. Where, upon their arrival, they would blow their whistles (the UK police's most effective weapons) at him. And then prosecute ME for bleeding on HIS knuckles.

18. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-Nut

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Five snipers, plus an admin, for 10,000 bucks???

Please send me his email address. I have some business to take care of.

Davis Sharp and nobucks like this.
  19. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ten guys watching me as I go around town too. :D

I think I'll be okay, as we're six hours past the deadline now, and I haven't caught a bullet yet. :p

20. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Can I have your jack knife ??:p

nobucks likes this.