New Shelf day

Discussion in 'Home Recording and Studios' started by fadetoz, Apr 20, 2019.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I needed a shelf that was 23" wide for this spot in the studio. Ordered it online because it is impossible to find exactly what I want in town. Pretty happy with it and I'm one step closer to having my studio room done. I have some construction going on so the house is a mess. I'm getting a new furnace installed and then a wall built for the storage room. So there is a ton of junk in my studio rite now.
    MVIMG_20190420_154438.jpg
    IMG_20190420_154102.jpg IMG_20190420_154246.jpg IMG_20190420_154300.jpg

Attached Files:

2. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-Nut

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    My guitar room is so junked up. I need to get rid of everything not guitar related in there. Yours looks good

3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Little slice of heaven, man... Awesome studio, Fade... And seeing it is an inspiration, man... Makes me wanna get my studio in better shape and definitely makes me wanna get some more equipment... One of the first things I noticed was your monitors... I'm still using a sound system that came from a home theater, lol! But I mix with headphones, obviously...
    How do you like those monitors, by the way?

4. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Honestly they were one of the big investments. I really like them allot.
    I'm not sure what gear you have but this is what I would get if I was starting over.

Presonus 2x2 audiobox .$100 (cheaper used). There are allot of options though.

Studio monitors. Mine are KRK 6"

Windows PC with 8GB of ran or more
    A big monitor. I use a 250GB SSD hard drive for the OS and then a big platter drive for storage like 500GB-1TB.

For recording I use Reaper $60 for the full DAW.

For drums I use EZ drummer 2 but you could use a free option.

If you need any help I'd be glad to help you out. I don't know it all but I know enough to record my own albums.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Half of mine looks good. The other half is stuff that belongs in my storage room. I have a furness waiting to be replaced and then I need to build a wall to separate the two rooms. I'll get there though. Just a long transisition getting it all done. When I'm done I'll have a nice workbench too.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  6. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Nice dude!!! You have all you need!

7. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    All the details coming together! Very nice. Good to share gear related tips and products too.

fadetoz likes this.
  8. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    That’s a nice studio you got going there @fadetoz.:)

Kenneth Mountain and fadetoz like this.
  9. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    70's Champ on bench... But no spring verb circuit. Which means Fade is still in need heh... 1 of these would never hurt...

Kenneth Mountain and fadetoz like this.
  10. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    That's for sure Rocco.... still on my list.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  11. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I'm kinda starting over myself... And the first thing I'm doin is recording my debut album, lol... So, we may need to talk, lol... I just got my computer up and running, and I'm using Reaper now... I always used Adobe Audition before (and I always used "cracked" downloads, which is why it always seemed to crash, but I kinda had to) but now that I'm using Reaper, I LOVE it... I took a few basics lessons on YouTube, and started from scratch...
    I've got one of those Behringer UMC 404 Euphoria interfaces, and it's got that "Midas" mic preamp, and I think it sounds great... And I'm currently figuring out how to use my Katana in Reaper... But monitors are pretty high on my list... Right after that P-90 semi-hollow that I'm gettin Wednesday, lol...

fadetoz and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Nice place ! Congrats !

fadetoz likes this.
  13. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    After seeing your pics, I suppose I should at least clean off my desk...……….I know it's here somewhere.....

(and no, I'm not taking a pic)

fadetoz likes this.
  14. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    It's hard to see in the picture but I am converting to the mini PC sitting on top of the black mid tower.
    It's an I5 Intel and runs great. So that will fee up a little more space. The mid tower will go over on my work bench when I finally get the storage room junk out of the way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice