New Post Index Home Page is back

Discussion in 'Forum Related Problems & Support' started by Squier-Talk, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Squier-Talk

Squier-Talk Administrator Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Hill Country, TX
    Admin Post
    Somewhere a few months ago a change was made inadvertently that got rid of the Home Page with the New Posts listed on the page.

We never intended to get rid of it. And, the few people that noticed and mentioned it didn't do so overtly where we could see the complaint.

We "think" folks will be happy that this has returned. But maybe after such a long hiatus it wasn't missed previously. So, let us know if you like having it back as the Home Page or not.

Treynor, Luvs2yoko, radiotech and 5 others like this.
  2. grizmit

grizmit Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2015
    Yes, I prefer it. In fact, the updated nav was enough to keep me from checking in as frequently. Glad it's back. No place like home.

3. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Fox Point, WI
  4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Yes Sir.. I like this better..I pretty much was getting used to the way it was but this is better.. Thank You...

Treynor and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Feels like home. :)

Xie xie ni.

Treynor and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Meister

Feb 4, 2016
    Thanks for restoring it. I do recall people mentioning the change when it disappeared. I used to get the same results by clicking on "Recent Posts". You just don't get as many postings per page, but you have a lot of pages to access.

Treynor likes this.
  7. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I believe I was the first to complain. Like this format much better.Thanks for bringing it back.

Treynor likes this.
  8. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    This works nicely. I access S-T by clicking a thumbnail that's essentially my most visited sites. I just figured that the issue was with Chrome on my laptop, rather than on the site. Not a big inconvenience to click "New Posts," but this is ought to decrease my carpal tunnel syndrome risk.

Thanks Admins and coder folks.

Luvs2yoko and Treynor like this.
  9. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, TX
  10. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    You have made me a happy camper by fixing this. I do enjoy going straight to the home page. Thanks. :)

11. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    Way to go Boss!!!