New neck day

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fadetoz, Jan 8, 2019.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Working on a new build. I've wanted an Ebony Strat neck for a long time and as you know that's not a common option. Well not an option at all really for any budget Strat. So I ordered a Mighty Mite 22 fret Neck with a Ebony fb and Jumbo frets. I will post more info on the build soon.
    IMG_20190108_152500301.jpg IMG_20190108_152427121.jpg IMG_20190108_152513740.jpg IMG_20190108_152439490.jpg

vlxerdon, Davey, mkgearhead and 16 others like this.
  2. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Outstanding..I love an ebony board..

3. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Very nice. Getting ready for my next build too. Ideas are starting to materialize. ;)

Matt Shevell, jefffam and dbrian66 like this.
  4. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    My first electric was Ebony so that's my favorite too. I am getting a hard tail body and it will be routed SSS.

5. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I have a set of Sucker Punch 59 pickups in the works. I'll be ordering the body soon and it will be going straight to the paint guy along with the neck to get tinted / finished. The body will be a hard tail with a Inca silver nitro finish. I have a set of Fender locking 2 pin staggered tuners and a Am STD string tree. Have a STD hard tail bridge with Fender stamped saddles and a Fender Carona neck plate. Trying to make a new #1. We will see how it works out.

6. Go figure … I was just thinking about an ebony fretboard the other day. I guess what triggered that thought was my '94 Stratocaster Plus. When I bought that, also available was the Stratocaster Ultra with a ebony fretboard. I opt'd out of that because of price. I think it was an additional $300 over the Plus model.
    I should consider an ebony for my next build … but I do have a couple of nice rosewood board necks waiting for a home.

That neck looks gorgeous @fadetoz … looking forward to your final reveal. Cheers, Barrie.

7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    Nice, good luck on the build...

dbrian66, Matt Shevell and jefffam like this.
  8. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Love ebony FBs. I have one on my Agile. Congrats!

9. seua

seua Squier-Nut

Mar 23, 2014
    France
    looking great... almost jealous ;)

fadetoz, dbrian66 and Matt Shevell like this.
  10. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Meister

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    Congrats
    Partscasters Rule!

fadetoz and dbrian66 like this.
  11. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That sounds like it’s going to be nice. Can’t wait to see and hear it!

fadetoz likes this.
  12. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
  13. The only issue for me is shipping (high at Stratosphere), import duties, and exchange rate on the US / Canadian dollar.
    What ever the price is listed in US dollars, I know it will double in Canadian dollars by the time it lands at my door. :(
    I'll have to source out something this side of the border.

Cheers, Barrie.

mdparent03 and fadetoz like this.
  14. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Sorry man.. That sucks. I would imagine someone has Ebony Strat necks up there.
    BTW... I grew up in Seattle so I would visit your neck of the woods every once in awhile.. Especially when I turned 19.. Really like Canada allot. I could see myself living somewhere up there.
    Lat time I visited I took the clipper boat from Seattle and had a great time.

mdparent03 and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  15. Yup … the whole PNW is a great place … Portland up thru Seattle and into Southern coastal BC. It's changed a lot in the last decade or so but still a great place to live.
    If I locate an ebony one I'll post the link for our fellow Canucks.
    Cheers, Barrie.

mdparent03 and fadetoz like this.
  16. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    It is but Seattle is so crowded now. I live in Iowa and work 5 min from my house. I can't stand the traffic.

mdparent03 and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  17. Nor can I ... that's why I live where I do. The worst traffic on Vancouver Island is in Victoria and the surrounding suburbs.
    I have the best of both worlds. Close to all the retail and amenities, but on a half acre with a country feel and very little traffic.

I'm reminded of Tommy Bolin, guitarist from Iowa. Tragically he died at a young age.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Bolin

Cheers, Barrie.

fadetoz likes this.
  18. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Well I plan to get an Inca Robert Cray at some point so I decided not to build an Inca Strat. Went this direction. Finished ordering parts yesterday.
    Capture.PNG

19. That "Inca" looks awesome. Knowing your work we've seen here, it should be another success.

Cheers, Barrie.

fadetoz and mdparent03 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice