NEW MYSTERY BOX 2018

Discussion in 'FREE to a good home!' started by nitro, Jun 15, 2018.

1. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    I most definitely was talking about records. One thing from my Mother-In-Laws past that got sneaked into our boxes when we moved out....she just didn't want them anymore and I never had a record player...I've been meaning to put them on ebay, its mostly stuff from the 70's.

jackdragbean, theflow, nitro and 2 others like this.
  2. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    You're thinking of rubbers, man.

3. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Another question on the rules...how do we determine the value of a home made pedal.

4. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier Talker

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    I would be interested in joining in on the Mystery Box 2018.

5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    @nitro

welcome !

6. Archangelmm

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Sent pm with info.

7. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Ok , I know That Id posted a bit later after the “rules” post about using the usps flatrate big box thats normally used for this, so everyone pays the same thing to ship the box to the next guy. But I understand there may be a need to use another shipper from time to time. So putting the usps box inside another box would be permissable. And if the box arrives all ganked up, by all means replace it. Their free at your local post office.

8. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Ok. Im not as well versed in pedalology as a lot of other folks on here. So I dont honestly know how to put a price/value on a home made pedal.

I have said in the rules that home built pedals must be marked for what they are and do. But GG, I can promise you that being the first person this box goes to, there wont be any home made pedals for you to worry about. Lol. Cause I dont have any and dont know how to make them.

9. Archangelmm

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Ok, sounds good.

10. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    1,TheFlow +
    2,KenMountain +
    3,Whaynes3 +
    4,Snivlem+
    5,Rolloman +
    6,Jackdragbean +
    7,Jeepster61605 +
    8,Silverring +
    9, Dbrian66 +
    10, Acidhouse +
    11, Squiertony +
    12, Treynor +
    13, GuitarGuy +
    14, Archangelmm+
    15, MrYaets +
    16, Gloveberg +
    17, Nitro+
    “ - = not yet confirmed”
    “ += confirmation to the final list”

Just a few more need to let me know that they agree with the rules.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    theflow, nitro, jeepster61605 and 2 others like this.
  12. Archangelmm

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Just sent PM agreeing to the rules.

13. jeepster61605

jeepster61605 Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2009
    Central IL
  14. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Fair enough, Nitro, but I wasn't asking just for myself. Anyone have any ideas how to best do this? Having built a couple, I feel that I could weigh in on rules for this, but I don't want to make a definitive ruling unless the whole group supports it. That said, I can't benefit from this because I got rid of all of my home builds when I moved from Cali to Florida. In other words I don;t have any home made ones to put in even if I wanted to. But I'd go so far as to say that most home brews I've encountered don't use a hell of a lot of components, which are typically very inexpensive, the enclosure is typically around $10...If I were to put a value on used home made pedals, I'd think something like a fuzz face or Black Cat OD-1 clone, I'd probably value it at $25. If it were a more complicated build, Like a tube-screamer, I'd say $35, for real simple stuff like A-B boxes I'd say $10 tops if it looks pretty.

I'm sorry if this is presumptuous, I just think it would be best if everyone were on the same page. If someone else has a better idea on how to value these kinds of pedals I'm open to hear it. Nitro, I'd think since this is your box, you should have the final say on how to do it.

jackdragbean, theflow, nitro and 3 others like this.
  15. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Like I said joe, Im not well versed in pedals as is . Let alone homemade pedals. I have about fourteen pedals that all sound great to my ear. But their all joyo’s and I dont believe Ive spent more than $40 on any of them. So I dont have a good yard stick to go by.

16. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    To me not buying the brand name and quality made sourceable components means the value is a lot lower. But to be fair, YMMV

jackdragbean, theflow and dbrian66 like this.
  17. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Alright boys, I am gonna give this one more week. As I dont yet have rule confirmation from everyone, and Im still chasing duck’s. I’ve been pretty busy this week myself . As Im sure we all have been.

The sign up is still open to anyone that wants in. To you fellas that already are on board, thanks for your patience and this will be starting this coming weekend.
    As is Im only waiting on three to agree.
    @snivlem
    @rolloman
    @Treynor

And anyone else that wants in. Thanks

18. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Man, I hate working on saturday

19. silverring233

silverring233 Squier-holic

Feb 2, 2011