NEW MYSTERY BOX 2018

Discussion in 'FREE to a good home!' started by nitro, Jun 15, 2018.

1. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Alright guy;s, it's not fair of me to step on Ken Mountain's already running thread on the mystery box he started last year.So, I'm creating a new one here.
    A few have already signed on for the next one. I'll make the list here for all to keep up with. This box will start here in Florida and will travel around the country more or less clockwise. I'm still a few weeks away from starting, so there is time to get in on it. So if you'd like to be a part of the next box, just PM me your name and address and I'll put you on the list.
    1,TheFlow
    2,KenMountain
    3,Whaynes3
    4,Snivlem
    5,Rolloman
    6,Jackdragbean
    7,Jeepster61605
    8,Silverring
    9, Dbrian66
    10, Acidhouse

Thats what we have so far, And there's still a few weeks to get in , so let me know

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    So tell me how this works. I have followed the last one a little bit, but tell me and anybody else that might be interested about the details.

nitro and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    people throw stuff inside a box and ship it to each other so they can take somebody else's stuff, but the box never comes to me :(

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Cause you didn't post a picture of yourself - we don't even know if you are "real" - post your report card also !

If your grades suck we're kicking you off the forum ! So you can get a education to fall back on in case you don't make the Concert circuit !

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Davis Sharp, -r3- and jackdragbean like this.
  5. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    No problem ,

“The Mystery Box tradition started long ago. Our ST ancestors would , from time to time, organize a “Mystery Box”. Typically , one member would let it be known, that they are assembling a “Mystery Box” of parts , small gear, pedals, ect,ect.

The “Mystery Box” owner, if you will, would then go to the post office and attain a flat rate shipping box. He would then place things in his box that were in good shape , or even new or like new condition.

He would then let the others know . They would then contact him through a PM, and give their name and mailing address to him. Once he had 18-20 participants, he would then plot the boxes course of travel, what we know today as shipping, and then send the box to the first member on his list. Onc that member had it in his or her possesion, they would then remove the contents and check it out. They would then decide if they wanted to keep anything from within the box.

Heres the cool part, they would then replace what they took with their own stuff of equal or greater value than that which they took! This was expected of everyone! Of course, they may also choose to keep nothing, but would still have to ship the box to the next person on the list and provide them with a tracking number! This is the cost of taking part in this tradition.

And because the box would from time to time become worn, the current holder would then go to the post office and get a new box. And they are still free even today.

Once the member is ready, he then would contact the box owner for the next address a name . Once the box was in the mail again, that member is expected to post pics of what they kept only, and is not allowed to disclose any information about the boxes contents , thats how it is kept as a “Mystery Box”.

So , I hope that helps you and others to understand the ways of this ancient and much loved tradition. PM me if you need further assistance, or itf youd like to be a part of the”New Mystery Box 2018”

dtsreiuqs, corn, -r3- and 3 others like this.
  6. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Your welcome to join the list @TheKurdtz if you want. The list and your info are the only way you will ever see the box. Join the list.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  7. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    i'd love to join, although i don't think anyone wants to ship intercontinental though

nitro and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  8. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    I'm in. I did one of the mystery boxes a while ago. It was a lot of fun. I will pm my address.

9. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    What's shipping like across Europe? Maybe our cross the Atlantic brethren can start a Euro Mystery Box.

nitro, Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  10. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I’m in, just sent a pm

11. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    He's in Holland ? You really are a nice guy - but sometimes you have to say NO !

12. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I think I'm gonna set this one out. I've been involved in every box since it started so I'll let someone else have some fun.

13. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    far as i know, shipping costs are ok within the european union, are there enough europeans in here thougho_O

Kenneth Mountain, dbrian66 and nitro like this.
  14. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Damn! Guess I should’ve thought of that. Sorry bro.

15. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Not really all that nice, just didnt think to mention it was a CONUS box only. But thanks Ken, You are the King of nice guy’s. Im just trying to learn what I can from you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  16. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    no problem ;)

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  17. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    lol

dbrian66 likes this.
  18. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Theres plenty of time left if you change your mind SquierTony.

19. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Do Brits count or are they excommunicated because of Brexit. If not, this dude definitely wants in.

IMG_4395.JPG

20. nitro

nitro Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Sh, no... Not that guy!