New land line phone

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Papa Joe, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    My old faithful phone has given up the ghost after nearly 25 years of service..It is still working except I can't retrieve messages..
    So I went Wallyworld today and bought a new one..This one has some features that I can appreciate. I now have caller ID which I didn't have before..
    The best feature is a second hand set that I can have in my bedroom in case I need help during the night..
    But I've been fighting with it all afternoon trying to get things set up..I ain't up to date on modern technology.
    I'll do what I can then set it aside to resume later..Probably be a week or more til I get it all set up..

2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

That sounds like it might be something that follows the 90-10 rule... 90% of the usefulness come from 10% of the features. Most modern electronic devices fall into that category.

Kenneth Mountain and stratman420 like this.
  3. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    You'll get the hang of it soon man. Even I have some trouble with new technology. It seems each year things like cell phones and computers get more and more advanced. I always wonder when enough is enough?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    Calling a land line phone setup 'new technology.'

You make us feel young again, @Papa Joe. ;)

squierbilly likes this.
  5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    You are young..Several of my grandchildren are older than you are..lol..I remember well when there were only 2 or 3 people in the entire neighborhood that had phones , and their phone numbers only had 2 or 3 digits..
    Think Mayberry RFD--" Hello Sarah,Get me the diner"..

6. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Nut

Since you mentioned grandchildren, they are the ones that you should be getting technical help from. My grand-daughter has taught me everything I know about my "smart" phone.
    And speaking of landlines, that same girl says that I'm the only person she knows who has a phone with a "tail".

7. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    You still have a land line?

8. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Yep, and will as long as they're still around..I also have a cell..

optofonik likes this.
  9. Me too, although my cell phone is a flip model. Does what I need it to … dial out or receive a call. That doesn't happen very often since I only turn it on once a while. I figure even with the low monthly cost of having it, and the few calls I've needed it for, each call would average out to about $4. :rolleyes:
    Cheers, Barrie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice