New here and new used Jagmaster

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by Standup, Nov 10, 2019 at 7:14 PM.

1. Standup

Standup New Member

Yesterday
    DC
    so I was considering picking up a duo-sonic at a local shop. But then I saw a Jagmaster on Craigslist, which I picked up for $220.

I’m a telecaster kinda guy mostly, and also own a Gretsch. But I had no guitars with humbuckers, thus the Jagmaster.

So at that price, I ordered GFS Humbucker+P90, new saddles, new wiring harness (current one is pretty crackly). I’m gonna put it all together, string it with 11s and see what I got.

I was unexcited about the current pickups, a little fizzy, and that’s what started this chain of parts-ordering. And it will still cost less than the used duo-sonic I was thinking of.

So hope to post pics and a report on how this turns out, if folks are interested.

drewcp, ElRey67, MrYeats and 3 others like this.
  2. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Meister

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    That sounds like a lot of fun!

MrYeats likes this.
  3. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  4. offsetj

offsetj Squier Talker

Jun 5, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    Keep us posted! I’m redoing a Jagmaster myself. I’ve been about 1 week away from finishing it... for the last 2 months.

Hopefully you can work more speedily than I :)

ElRey67, VealCutlet and MrYeats like this.
  5. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    Welcome and glad you got a HH guitar. Fun to mod.

ElRey67 likes this.
  6. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Hey hey hey! I put a GFS Mean 90 in the neck of my Jagmaster. Sounded great. I did need to shave down the pup hole a bit to accommodate the Mean 90...I recently returned the stock pups and gave the guitar to my brother. Sounds pretty d3cent to me.

Pics, before/after would be nice!

ElRey67 likes this.
  7. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice! Can't wait to see pics. I have an 04 Jagmaster myself. Really underrated guitar

8. Standup

Standup New Member

Yesterday
    DC
    AC4534A7-F09F-42D0-953A-199CE8CCBDC6.jpeg 2008, 21 frets, 24 inch scale

ElRey67 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice