new guitar?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by shutterbiker, Mar 21, 2010.

1. shutterbiker

shutterbiker Squier Talker

Jan 13, 2010
    Texas
    I got a MIM squier series strat for Christmas. I've upgraded most every part that can be upgraded. I was looking at a fender dobro guitar at my local shop and mentioned it to my wife. My wife is so great that she got me a gift certificate for 150 dollars at the shop. The dobro sold, but I noticed a squier tele (standard I think). I have always been a one electric at a time guy. I'm thinking of getting the telecaster. I think that a dobro would be fun, but I could always play slide on the tele, couldn't I? What do y'all think?

Thanks,

Steve

2. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2010
    South Dakota
    Go for it. I have a Squier Affinity Strat, and I am jonesing for a Tele, either buying a Squier or building a partscaster.

3. Stratatattat

Stratatattat Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2010
    US
    go dobro IMO! it's drastically different enuff from your strat.

4. YeahDoIt

YeahDoIt Squier-holic

Jan 14, 2010
    Florida, USA
    I figure if I pay $ 100 to $ 200 for a good used guitar then even if I sell it I probably won't lose much money. I play guitars for hours and hours, days and weeks and wake up with them on top of me sometimes. I could spend $ 50 in some bar so maybe guitars are saving money for me in the long run.

You might buy both dobro and Telecaster. I have a Telecaster, it sounds different from my Affinity HSS Strat. I play slide on all my guitars.

5. peskypesky

peskypesky -----------

Dec 19, 2009
    NYC
    go Dobro! that's probably my next purchase. they're just so cool.

6. grumpy old git

grumpy old git Squier-holic

Feb 13, 2010
    Somerset, UK
    +1 on the Dobro, it's on my list as well :cool:

7. shutterbiker

shutterbiker Squier Talker

Jan 13, 2010
    Texas
    Well, I guess the dobro will have to wait. I bought the squier standard tele today. It plays great and needs no upgrading-good tuners and pickups sound great. I've always wanted a tele, and I have a wonderful wife that made it happen for me. I'm really lucky.

Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  8. mechanic1908

mechanic1908 Squier-Meister

Mar 18, 2010
    Ontario
    Nice looking guitar!
    Congrats.
    Eric

9. strat-a-basterd

strat-a-basterd Squier Talker

Mar 29, 2010
    Manitoba
    looks like one of the tele's the Edge uses!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice