New guitar and amp

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Lonn, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Got these both in the last few days. Heavy relic strat with Texas Special pickups and an all tube Bugera V22 amp. Absolutely love both of them although I’m considering some Pribora pickups for the Strat. The relic is pretty heavy, more than I generally like, but it sounds great and feels even better. Very flamey neck with a V contour.

926B7451-C9E0-49F5-93B7-372EAF68D5A5.jpeg 96636271-6656-43E2-8EBF-CBE1FEBF33E1.jpeg B635278A-FEC0-456E-824D-27ED863F2114.jpeg

2. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  3. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Very cool amp and Strat :)

4. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-Nut

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    Lovin it!
    Enjoy yer newly acquired goodness, mebbe toss us a song, or two..?? ;)

5. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    What, you think I know how to play guitar? That'd be nice lol.

6. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

Man, these V22's keep showing up. I want one and there's one for $275 in my area. But I've bought too much stuff lately and with the holidays, well you know how that goes. I'm really curious how it compares to a Monoprice 15.

7. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Man hope you enjoy for at least a week.

8. seua

seua Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2014
    France
    very nice couple, congrats ;)

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  9. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Ask me a bout the Bugs...I have 3 of them. Sold my 22 but I'd have it back in a heartbeat if I could.

Kenneth Mountain, mb doug and Treynor like this.
  10. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    The V22 and the Monoprice aren't in the same league. My only beef with the V22 is the cage that surrounds the tubes. I wanted to check the tubes last night to see if they're stock or upgrades but the speaker has to be removed to get the cage off. There are 2 screws on each side (8 total) of the cage and one is directly above the speaker on the back of the cage. I don't have a screwdriver short enough to get up there. Mine has the Turbosound speaker.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  11. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Please explain further :)

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  12. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I'm just not a fan of the Monoprice. Played a couple and found them less than desirable. I'm apparently in the minority though, lots of people love them. I was on the wrong side of the Roland Microcube craze too. Thought it was a buzzy piece of junk but they sold a million of them.

13. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    I have been playing 50+ years and have settled on the Bugera. I have played almost every brand name tube amp there is including the big three, Fender, Marshall, Vox, and others.
    The price and quality of the Bugera makes it easy to obtain and the sound is perfect for me. You can get amps with El 84, El 34, and 6L6 tube configurations. No biasing necessary and the infiniums are a step up from the norm. Tubes last much longer in the Bugera.

14. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-Nut

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    I don't believe it to be conceivably possible that ya could suck worse at guitfiddle than I do, therefore, I stand by my request fer some @Lonn tunes...;)

Purty please, wit sugar on top...:D

15. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma

16. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    And there's the proof lol. I have about a hundred videos on youtube that I only leave up so my wife can look at them after I'm gone.

17. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
  18. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Nah, I post my crap all the time. If I was that embarrassed I'd practice more. Or some. :p

19. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    I’ve had my V22 on craigslist and offer up for three weeks for $200 and nothing,,,,, they are a great amps, I’d rather keep it than give it away

Kenneth Mountain and MrYeats like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice