New fireflies now available.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Luvs2yoko, Jul 19, 2019.

1. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    FWIW that's graffiti yellow, or just plain yellow. TV yellow is yellow over white, which is juuuuust slightly visible underneath.

dbrian66 likes this.
  2. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    The DC’s are all gone except the silver burst! Crap! That’s the ugliest one. Guess I’ll wait for the next round. Are the Dual pickup ones coming in another batch then?

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Starter just went out in my car otherwise I would have got one. I'm sure they will be back in stock at some point before the end of the year, just hope they don't jack the price. I have 2 Fireflys already and they are excellent guitars for the money!

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    If you search Firefly on Amazon and then filter brand and then availability, you will see all of the Firefly guitars that they have sold.

5. notme

notme Squier-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    Hang on guys, word is that only part of the shipment has/had been listed, amazon is a little behind and there should be more listed soon....the thinlines too.
    Dont quote me on it, just forwarding what i read on the FB page by an admin, who is in the know.
    Good luck

dbrian66, drewcp and mkgearhead like this.
  6. notme

notme Squier-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    -r3-, squierbilly and dbrian66 like this.
  7. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Does anyone have any experience with the Grote brand 335s that show in the searches with firefly's? They are priced about the same a Firefly but I have never heard of them.

Screenshot_2019-07-19-16-32-47.png Screenshot_2019-07-19-16-32-58.png

dbrian66 likes this.
  8. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I read over on the Facebook page that they are very similar. Possibly out of the same factory. But other than that hearsay, idk.

RoyalWe and drewcp like this.
  9. Guitar Cat

Guitar Cat Squier-Meister

Jul 29, 2018
    Spring Lake Hts, NJ
    Deuceditor -"As a postscript to my earlier comment... Reason battled with heart and went ascendant. I thus cancelled my order. My mania has to be controlled!"

You've taken your first step my friend! Hello, my name is Don, and I'm a guiatraholich!
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

radiotech, dbrian66 and mkgearhead like this.
  10. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    If I didn't have to be at work at 5:30 this morning they would've sold out by the time I saw this post. Not that I needed another guitar, but there ya go. o_O

dbrian66 and Viking like this.
  11. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    According to the link above, the gold, white and blue single cuts are available now. Also the silverburst doublecuts.

dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  12. newscaster

newscaster Squier Talker

Aug 23, 2018
    Nevada
    I have several Fireflies, curious about how you guys like the wraparound bridge. I've never fiddled with one

dbrian66 likes this.
  13. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    They sometimes take a little time to get the intonation just right but you can always replace the bridge with a fully adjustable one.

dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  14. notme

notme Squier-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    For some reason the link I posted doesnt list the thinlines (ffth) models. There are 5 colors of those and there are supposed to be a few of them in this batch with the DC/JR models.

drewcp and dbrian66 like this.
  15. stratfreak

stratfreak Squier-Meister

May 1, 2019
    Austin, TX
    if i was a smaller guy, i'd be all over one of these. but i'm almost 6'3", so these would look comically small on me.

congrats to those of you who ordered them. hope you love them.

radiotech and dbrian66 like this.
  16. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    I ordered mine at 7 am Friday morning with Amazon Prime. It still hasn't shipped, but it says that it will be here by Wednesday.

Has anyone else who ordered one had theirs shipped? I'm not to impressed with Prime.

dbrian66 likes this.
  17. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    I would love to see a 339 size Firefly.

drewcp and dbrian66 like this.
  18. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I'm just about ready to give up on these. I absolutely love my FF338 but trying to get one of these DCs is almost impossible.

dbrian66 likes this.
  19. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I gave up. So today I looked around my local FB Marketplace and I bought a near-mint sunburst Jagmaster with a Fender hard shell case (C&G manufacturer) for less than the Jagmaster sells most places. I will probably sell the Jagmaster and keep that great case. I'm just saying there are local bargains all around us if we have patience and look under a few rocks. I plan to rehouse my Squier VM Jag in this case and then use the present case, a heavy, ugly but serviceable Carvin case made for another guitar, as ... I have no idea really.

dbrian66 likes this.
  20. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I ordered mine at the same time. Still shows as not being shipped yet. I didn’t order with Prime, but they normally ship pretty quick anyways. Mine says it will be here Friday. If it’s not showing as shipped tomorrow, I’m going to call and see what’s going on.

johnnywizzo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice