New Fender HSS Strats-$399

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by snivlem, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BostonU2

BostonU2 Squier Talker

Jan 6, 2019
    Massachusetts
    How do you find these sweet deals? You can't find them on the main sight. I'm green here sorry.

Taurus and Eddie like this.
  2. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    I bought a USA Fender Strat Special from them. Top notch retailer!!

Eddie likes this.
  3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Actually I find deals like this by signing up to Slickdeals.net and then I list "Musical instruments" as the term to look for deals and then I get the emails.

Btw, I'm not affiliated with Slickdeals.

Eddie likes this.
  4. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    I can't either through the Adorama site. Like Ralph above, I can find them through slickdeals.net

Dr Improbable and Eddie like this.
  5. BostonU2

BostonU2 Squier Talker

Jan 6, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Awesome! This information is perfect!

Well I guess I'm the new slick Rick because I'm gonna be on that site all the time.

6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I flippin' want this so bad !!!

Taurus and fattboyzz like this.
  7. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Nahhh ... eat a chocolat chip cookie, it'll pass.

Eddie likes this.
  8. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I can confirm the deals are on Slickdeals.

Eddie likes this.
  9. srx700xxx

srx700xxx Squier Talker

Mar 6, 2016
    I bought camera stuff from them years ago. Like late 80's early 90's.

Two years ago they were heavily discounting the Fender Classic Player Triple Telecaster (Black) with Nocaster PU's and Classic Player Stratocaster HH in Mercedes Blue. That guitar is beautiful but my eyes see forest green. lol I bought both of them at those prices and they arrived in a few days. Both guitars came with gig bags. I see them from time to time on Reverb or Ebay with $400-$500 more price tags than what I got mine for.

Eddie likes this.
  10. BostonU2

BostonU2 Squier Talker

Jan 6, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Anyone. Familiar with the duo-sonic HS? Impressions vs the MIM strat? 319 bucks for a brand new fender seems crazy.

Eddie likes this.
  11. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    I love mine. I have the SS and HS. Quality is on par with any MIM, and it's a different instrument than a strat, but it's great!

http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/ngd-duo-sonic-hs-lpb.149866/

Eddie likes this.
  12. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I personally was intriqued by the Duo-Sonice but, like Eddie, I would have to pay state tax and unlike Eddie (I think) I bought another guitar, the Firefly from Amazon, which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. If it has problems ... and some people have reported them ... back it goes and then the Duo would be even better.

I really don't have any interest in the MIM Strat because I already have four Strat-type guitars and the second or third-worst guitar I even bought new was a MIM Strat (I gave it away to my then stepdaughter along with a Pathfinder 10 amp. I regretted getting rid of the Pathfinder and offered to trade it back for bigger amp but she said no. I had no regrets however about getting rid of the MIM Strat.)

Eddie likes this.
  13. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    Ralph124c41 When was your MIM from? All the ones from about 2010 onward are spectacular in quality that I have encountered. The 90's-2000s MIMs are nothing special, but these newer ones are sweet.

Eddie likes this.
  14. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Doesn't matter the year so much though the newer ones do have some better features like the bridge. You can get a turd from any maker and of any year, some brands might be far less likely to get one from but there it is.

I have played some MIM Stratocasters that were poorly set up and played not so great but I liked them fine and I am quite sure I could have straightened them out.

I am a big fan of MIM Fender guitars old and new and if I was not swimming in Strats already I would buy one of these in heartbeat, in fact almost did!

If it was the Tele on close out I would have paid my money for one already.

Eddie likes this.
  15. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    This one was bought before then IIRW, probably 2001 to 2004 or so. Again, every product is not 100 percent perfect I realize.

Btw, I just went to Guitarcenter.com to find it has a used Duo-Sonice for $349.99 to $399.99 ... plus shipping and handling ... plus state tax in most areas so that makes the Adorama item more appealing I think. However, GC does have that accommodating return policy but paying more for the used version of a guitar? Not for me.

Eddie likes this.
  16. BostonU2

BostonU2 Squier Talker

Jan 6, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I just bought the Sonic Duo. Alot of the music I write I aim for 90s sound. After watching a bunch of YouTube videos I ponied up the cash. I paid like 350, because I spent an extra 30 on 2 day shipping. I want it yesterday . It's funny because, i bet I could sell this for at least 400, so if I don't like it (unlikely) then I'll sell it and get the strat! Speaking of the strat, I'm pretty sure I saw the exact same model and color selling for 400 used at my local guitar center. I'll see if I can find it on their site a little later.

Eddie likes this.
  17. newscaster

newscaster Squier Talker

Aug 23, 2018
    Nevada
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice