New Classic Vibes?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by xtomx2000, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:31 AM.

1. xtomx2000

xtomx2000 Squier-Nut

Jun 7, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Ok, so we‘ve all seen and commented on the transition of the VM series being merged into the CV series. And we’ll feared that the „classic“ 50s/60s CVs would disappear.

Nope. They sure won‘t disappear. Instead, they are now made in Indonesia and they come in lots of new colors, check this out:

[​IMG]

Picture taken from Thomann.de after searching for Classic Vibe.

And what’s more: the pricing is now down from 479 € back to 379 €.

Fender have some smart business people. They moved production out of China just in time.

Davis Sharp and stratfreak like this.
  2. stratfreak

stratfreak Squier-Meister

May 1, 2019
    Austin, TX
  3. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    so it seems that Nato wood is a collective name for wood from Mora trees -- it is similar in characteristics and look to Mahogony, but it is not a related species.

drewcp likes this.
  4. kenneth

kenneth Squier-Meister

Aug 3, 2016
    Canada
  5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Yeah, they've got that... Lol...

It was weird... I first heard people clamoring on here for a CV Esquier and then bam... There they were...

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  6. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Meister

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    One of the new ones is Fiesta Red! I think I might have a Stratocaster addiction.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  7. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Question...are there 2 different Indo 70s strats? What i mean by this is i seem to see some used older classic vibe 70's strats that appear to be different and possibly have rosewood boards and the neck plug looks like black plastic. Are these chinese or older indo models made before the new classic vibe contract with indonesia? Or maybe they are older VM's, tho i have seem them advertised by private sellers as CV.

8. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    I think you are thinking of the VM70s Strats made in Indonesia - great guitars!

9. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    If so i assume these sellers are mistaken. Just wanted to be sure because i have seen some cheap. But what i am considering is the new Indo line due to 2 features they have which i'm not sure the VM had. May go to GC today and have a look at them. The new CV 60s and 50s strats and CVC tele have yet to ship and are not due for months, yet it seems the Indo 70s CV strats have been out a while. Odd. Wonder why that is.

10. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    What are those 2 features that interest you?

11. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Probably the best indication will be "Duncan Designed" screenprint on the pickups if its a VM70s -- CV70s would NOT be DD pups

12. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Ahhh, thanks. After you posted this i scoured CL and found one i had seen before where the seller says it's a CV but i was suspicious due to the apparent RW board. Sure enough the seller is incorrect and its a VM from your description. It has the duncan designed pups.

Wanted to see one of the CV70s today but a search on the GC website shows none in stock at any of the handful of GCs in the L.A. area.

IronSchef likes this.
  13. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    There must be other Fender dealers in the LA area besides GC. I'd be really surprised that in an area that populated you couldn't find one dealer with that guitar in stock.

14. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Maybe. I thought i saw one a couple months ago at the sherman oaks GC but online it says they don't have any now. Just got back from hollywood GC and sam ash and none at either place. Theres a ma and pa shop nearby that might tho, as they are great in keeping up with current fender and squier stock. I'll have to check there too but i was in a hurry to get back. Shoulda gone there first but brain no work today.

15. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Nut

Apr 18, 2014
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    That’s terrible news. I really want the Fiesta Red ‘50s and the CAR ‘60s but I already have a Sherwood Green ‘50s and a Sunburst ‘60s. Surely I’m not turning into one of those guys who buys the same guitar several times, in different colours?

:eek::eek::eek:

16. fendereedo

fendereedo Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2015
    UK
    Question, is nato a strong hard wood like alder? Not talking tone wood though.

17. Brocephus

Brocephus Squier-Meister

Jul 3, 2017
    Georgia
    Any chance these new CV's will have a respectably thick neck ? It's been a while since I handled one (and owned the bound/ sunburst CV tele), and they all had painfully thin necks. That's kept me away from getting another.

18. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Nut

Dec 7, 2018
    GA
    My CV70s INDO is only 4 months old and I love it

Attached Files:

Rat cam 68 and BlueSquirrel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice