New amp on the way

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Lonn, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:48 PM.

1. Lonn

Lonn Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    So I've been planning to get either a Blues Junior or an HRD with some upcoming money. Let me say I'm not a huge Marshall fan simply because most of their stuff doesn't deliver the Fender cleans I require from an amp. I did find their Valvestate 8040 a couple of years ago that sounded great clean but of course I've not come across another since. Stopped in to GC today with my Strat to see what they had. There was a Frontman 212R for $179 which I knew I'd like but I kept looking anyway. Found a Marshall AVT100 Valvestate 2000 for the same price. Got plugged in and yessiree it did the trick. Nice cleans and not one but two very nice gain channels as well as some digital effects. It also had the 4 button foot switch which are usually long gone on used amps. It's on police hold until Wed so I just cancelled the MIM Strat I had on layaway and put that money on the amp. Just like this one. The only downside I see is it weighs 53 lbs. o_O Fortunately I don't move my amps around much.

marshall-avt100-163135.jpg

Ace38, VealCutlet, vlxerdon and 8 others like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    This one has a nice growl. :)

Enjoy !!!

3. Lonn

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    If you search for Marshall AVT amps online they get ZERO love but I think that's just people being sheep. This thing sounds GREAT.

radiotech likes this.
  4. Lonn

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I'm pretty psyched about it. I'm getting some EMG SAV strat pickups tomorrow cheap to flip to pay for it.

5. aussiebluesville

aussiebluesville Squier-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    australia
    digital effects on a marshall avt100 valvestate is usually ordinary, except for the new code series which has much nicer effects, but everyone has different tastes :) and the avt100 growl when needed

6. Lonn

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I’m not even concerned with the effects other than reverb and the onboard reverb is good enough. I may build back up a small pedal collection.

7. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Meister

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Great deal. Hope you get years of enjoyment out of it. I have a friend of mine who had a Fender Super Champ X2 but he wanted a little bigger sound without dragging his Blues Junior around. So he had a guy build him a cabinet that was two inches taller that was a perfect match to his Fender cab and he put in a twelve inch Celestion. Kind of a long way around the horn, but we agree the sound of the X2 with the Celestion is better than the Blues Jr. Plus he gave me his old cabinet for my X2 which is blonde Tolex with dark brown grill cloth. We both win.