New amp day, via Craigslist !!

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Brocephus, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Brocephus

Brocephus Squier-Meister

Jul 3, 2017
    Georgia
    The past several years I've been noodling around on a couple humble little Fenders (15 and 20 watt), and recently decided to try and hunt down something bigger. In times past, I've gone through several Fender and Peavey tube amps, and even a Mesa Boogie, and they were all great, but outa my price range these days.
    A few years ago, I stumbled into one of those US-made, solid-state, 80-watt, Peavey Bandit 112 "red stripe" amps, and really liked it. But we went into a playing hiatus, and I lightened the toy load once again.......and have regretted letting it go ever since, wishing I could stumble across another one, at a decent price.
    Well, lo & behold, one of these exact same amps popped up a little while back on my local Craigslist. It grabbed my attention, but I hadn't yet decided I was after a new amp. When the new-amp bug finally bit me, I remembered it but figured it was surely gone, but surprisingly, it was still around !
    I actually came very close to recommending it to some stranger at the local music store a couple weeks ago, who was looking at new Peavey amps, but cringing at the prices. Now I'm glad I kept my mouth shut !
    Anyway, I contacted the guy, worked him down to $150 from his asking price of $200. The seller (young guy, early/mid 20's) bought it new, years ago (in the same store mentioned above), and never learned to play, so it's in near-new condition. I plugged in and played it for about 15 minutes (and again earlier this evening), and everything's clean and smooth, and runs 100% !!
    When told the guy I'd hoped to find one these same amps in low miles condition, and his mom laughed and said, "Low miles? Try ZERO miles!"
    $150 isn't a killer deal, from what I'm reading, it's about fair market value, give or take, but it's exactly what was hoping for, with no expectation of actually finding one, especially not one in such clean condition, and I could swing $150 bucks, so I snagged it up..... and I am stoked !!!!! :p

00808_gvXuHzAZ2jD_600x450.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    brians, jjudas, Mr Bones and 2 others like this.
  2. kniah

kniah Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2019
    Waltham, MA
    Congrats, nice find! Anyways great not to let someone's old new stock go to waste unused. Was the seller still living with his parents?

Brocephus and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    That's my favorite SS amp of all time. The red stripe version is the best of all the Bandit series in my opinion.. Great score...

Brocephus and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    HNAD! I'm glad you were able to snag exactly what you were looking for. Replacing amps/guitars/etc that went away for a multitude of reasons, is a royal pain.

Brocephus and Mr Bones like this.
  5. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Congrats! You should be stoked!!!!! I love my slightly earlier bandit, I guess it would be your amps older brother. 1658A8FD-F59D-49BE-B6CE-5CB73D62A6F5.jpeg

Brocephus, Mr Bones and squierTony like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice