New 50's Classic Vibe models starting to land

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by ZZ Not, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ZZ Not

ZZ Not Squier Talker

Jul 27, 2019
    Austin
    Browsing on Fleabay today and I noticed Pitbullaudio and a few others offering new 50's CV strats and teles. Only seeing white blonde models thus far and also noticed in the descriptions that the strats are listed as having pine bodies. Don't recall that on strats, only teles.

2. TurtleFang

TurtleFang Squier Talker

Nov 30, 2017
    TBD
  3. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2015
    UK
    When you zoom in on the saddles/bridge it does look like the same cheap material used on the old VMs but the saddles seem to fit correctly at least and the strings are perfectly aligned and run over the centre of them. Hopefully that lesson's been learned.

Chimey likes this.
  4. Chimey

Chimey Squier Talker

May 5, 2015
    USA
    Man, me too. I really do hope they finally fixed the VM saddle size and alignment problem.

5. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    That's the main reason that I sold my VM Strat. I loved the neck, and the transparent blonde finish, and I had replaced the DD SC101 pickups with some Alnicos that I liked more (I think they were the amazing GM 62z), but I wasn't gonna go to the trouble of replacing the bridge too, and the high E kept falling off the edge of the fretboard.
    I'm waiting to see the LPB 60s Strat.

6. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2015
    UK
    Fender knew there was an issue as when I complained (very nicely and with lots go images) to them that the original saddles they had supplied were too big on my brand new 2014 VM70 they sent me a complete MIM trem/block unit as replacement.
    I certainly hope with that history the issue has been sorted on the new CVs. Still it's a $25 fix if not.

7. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I have a Fender Telecaster that was made in China that is HSS and the body is made out of pine. It is the best sounding Tele that I own and I only paid $450.00 for it brand new. I think the neck is a 9.5 inch radius. I put strap locks on it and have had absolutely no problems with the softer pine wood. Below is a picture.

Fender Player Tele.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice