NDSD! and a let's see your drum set thread

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Davey, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Picked up this Alesis DM6 drum set off eBay last month....... got it today!

Ordered and paid on the 12, guy did not ship it till the 28th, and only after I bitched on the 28th. No instant gratification on this purchase.
    Seems to be OK even though there was not one single piece of packing material in the box! Not an iota, nothing. Sure glad it was FedEx. Had a guitar show up that way too once.

Not going to give a bad rating to the guy because, well I am not the sort. Doesn't mean I am not pissed though.

I pretty much have gear for an entire band now :) hoping this will lead to some impromptu jams this coming year! Hoping this will fold down tight when not in use.

Any other drummer wannabees here? Let's see a bit of kit.

[​IMG]

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Very cool. Shipping must have cost a fortune.

Kenneth Mountain, dbrian66 and Taurus like this.
  3. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    I was wondering how much it cost the guy, heavy. I did not pay that much at 190 to my door, wasn't a killer deal or anything but not bad considering I did not have to get off my ass and go anywhere..

Going through the DNA scrub phase now. Bird poop is a new one :)

I am sure there is a throne someplace on the property here.... would hate to have to buy one.

Kenneth Mountain, dbrian66 and Taurus like this.
  4. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    That’s cool that you got it and hope it’ll be good for you :) I’d like to play other instruments too but am rubbish lol very low skill on guitars without thinking of another haha :D:D

I’d like to play a piano, maybe a saxophone would be cool too, and drums. But yeah, wouldn’t have a clue where to start :D and don’t have the money either right now

5. Indy Guy

Indy Guy Squier Talker

Jan 7, 2019
    Greater Indianapolis
    I gave my drums away many years ago to my best friends younger brother but am considering getting a decent second hand kit it is dependent upon a few things on the horizon because space is at a premium currently.

6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

'70s Rogers Swiv-o-Matic and Zildjians :

rogers.jpg

7. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Kit is in storage. My first 20 years in music was as a drummer...then I flipped to the dark side.

8. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Beautiful! very nice, real top notch stuff.
    I would love to have a "real" drum set again. I have a grand piano where my set used to be. Guitars and amps take up the rest.

Not a drummer per say, but banged on them for ...... decades, I can fake it good :). Mostly always had a set around for actual drummers to play when they were here. I once borrowed a 70.s huge Singerland set for three years :D

9. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Same here, space is a premium, I thought these electronic sets would fold away easier. I will have to replace ten or fifteen small bolts and nuts with wing nuts to make it happen.
    One advantage to these is the quiet though.

This is not a "great set" to get even close to sound and functions of a medium quality analog set you would have to really spend up.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  10. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Here's my kit circa 1986. I should have kept the minimalist aesthetic...totally prefer it today. Band name was prescient. upload_2019-1-8_0-44-18.png

11. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    My DDrum Rambler kit. Played a little in Jr. High and High School.

20180416_181223_resized.jpg

12. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Congrats on the new Drum set! Glad it made it in one piece.

Here is a set I bought my 9 year old. Got it for $15 on letgo. Best deal on anything I’ve ever bought. It’s an entry level Pacific set, but for the money, it sounds great!

He plays it way more than me, but I’ve learned to keep a basic 4 count rock beat going. It’s a lot of fun learning.

379F1585-2298-4E75-AA92-10768E4BA184.jpeg

13. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Thanks Davey. I replaced my real piano with a Yamaha P120 almost 20 years ago, so there's room for drums and a piano. :) I've played electronic drums, and might have gone that way if I hadn't come across most of the drums for this set in a deal I couldn't pass up.

Very similar story here, although you're probably better at drums than I am. I originally put this set together for my daughter, who showed interest for a while.

14. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
  15. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Looks nice! probably does the job. Wish I had place for a real set. Well electronic is real but what do you call them? classic, analog?

I had a set on the cheaper side and other than needing to be adjusted frequently it sounded really good, did have decent cymbals though. After a year or two it started falling apart, cast parts were snapping in the typical budget Asian made fashion.

I think it might have been a Thunder brand.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  16. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I play drums, too... Actually, I play guitar, drums, bass, piano, mandolin, banjo, and trombone... But this is my trusty drum kit... It's a Pearl Export series... I believe a '94 or around there somewhere... I want to say that I got them in '95, and as was the case with most of my gear back then, my Dad bought 'em for me at his favorite pawn shop, Berry's Pawn... He wasn't a musician, but he supported me and believed in me... And he bought and sold so many guns, that Mr. Berry would cut him a good deal on the occasional music instrument... And even though they're older than some of the people I've played with, they still sound GREAT... From what I can tell they aren't actually metal, I'm pretty sure that they're maple underneath all the chrome... But whatever they used, it works! Lol... IMG_20180721_020520668_BURST001.jpg

Attached Files:

Davey and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  17. Grey Melbourne

Grey Melbourne Squier Talker

Jan 24, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats! I always wished I'd played drums instead of guitar - more so now that I've been playing on and off for 35 years and am still rubbish.
    I'd buy a kit if I had the room.

18. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Congrats ! drums are the last piece to my puzzle also - hoping for the same result - easier to get a jam going if people don't have to bring much !

19. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Here’s my little cocktail set. A Pulse piccolo snare, a Starcaster by Fender floor Tom converted to a bass drum, clip on cymbal stand with a crash/ride and a hi hat, that’s it! It’s more than I need, and plenty of fun.

Attached Files:

20. Armada50

Armada50 Squier Talker

Jan 26, 2019
    Texas USA
    playing-drums 2.jpg
    Image 1. Rogue drums. H.F. January 29, 2019.

Davey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice