NBD - MIM P-Bass

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Worshipcaster, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

1. Worshipcaster

Worshipcaster Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    Picked up this '95 MIM P-Bass last night. Traded it with a guy in exchange for some studio work.

Plugged her in immediately and I'm already loving how it sounds with the tone rolled back. Aside from normal wear for its age there are only a couple dings, frets still have close to 70% left so I'm happy :)

20190112_101539.jpg

Attached Files:

surf green, RoyalWe, Taurus and 2 others like this.
  2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2018
    Lost in my Sticks
  3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
  4. Very nice … first one of the year?
    There's MIM P-Bass for sale locally that I've been eyeing up … a real good looking violet blue color. Guy's asking $500 CAD / $375 USD.
    I already have a Fender Precision and a Squier bass VI and they don't see a ton of use.;)

P-Bass.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

RoyalWe and Worshipcaster like this.
  5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Congrats, and Happy New Bass Day! I just picked up a mexi p bass this week too and absolutely loving it. It must be bass season. 129CB15A-AF0E-4287-BC2E-AA4031D23149.jpeg

surf green and Worshipcaster like this.
  6. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    A few weeks ago I was offered a VM 5 string Jaguar Bass (currently on ST classifieds) in trade for a 60's Teisco strat copy. The thing is mint, but the neck was massive, way over my non bass playing skills. But I played it long enough to get the "bug", you know kinda like the flu without the congestion and cough. So while "just looking" I found a P bass so cheap that I can't even mention the price, because someone in the Manchester, NH CG might loose their job. Well here it is, '07 P that was in perfect condition (until GC shipped it). White pg replaced with a $11 - 3 ply from Amazon. Advertised as "does not fit Squier", and it didn't. But after overlaying the tort with the white and a few minutes of filing and touch-up sanding, it's now "custom". Neck adjusted, string height lowered, and we're off ………….boom, boom, boom, boom. DSCN2600.JPG

Worshipcaster and RoyalWe like this.
  7. Worshipcaster

Worshipcaster Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    That's a nice score! Even if you're not a bassist it's always great to have one around. Always regretted selling my Affinity P-Bass a couple years ago so this one is a keeper for sure