NAD.... Sort of

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by kjmac, Sep 11, 2019.

1. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I'm getting ready to take a trip in my RV and I usually carry my Hofner Shorty and a small 8" amp. Well, I picked up this little Vox amPlug Clean that I can carry in my guitar case. Sounds great through headphones, has 3 different channels and 3 effects. I think I'll leave my amp at home and take a full size Strat instead.

179E0783-77B8-4E05-8E6A-10FB5AAAD93D.jpeg

2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Nice! Those are really cool. I recently snagged one (AC30 version, I think) as a surprise bonus with a Bullet Mustang I picked up. Amazing what they can get into something that can hide in a closed fist.

3. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    That's a clean machine! My travel and backyard amp is an older Fender Mini Twin. Actually sounds pretty good when you properly adjust all the controls! I just can't always do headphones so the Mini-Twins little speakers got me covered.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. brians

brians Squier-Nut

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    Let us know how it works out. I believe it has aux in, which is great.
    I looked at one new here, and they not cheap, half the price of a IDCOR 10 amp or similar.
    I know the application is different, but seems expensive, well here anyway

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Kenneth Mountain and so1om like this.
  5. howserx

howserx Squier-Meister

Apr 20, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    I have one, super convenient just watch the volume if you play sitting down. If I play seated I've had the volume or the gain dial turn to full when I turn. with headphones on it's a little hard on the ears. I guess this won't be a problem if you play a strat, but any guitar with a bottom mounted jack... watch out!

I use this when my son is at piano lessons. I sit in the car with this and my guitar. I get some strange looks from people walking by...

6. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I've seen this guy twice now while walking along the river but there is a dude who uses one of these into a pair of headphones and jams while he hikes around.

I'm sure he gets tons of strange looks. I threw the horns at him. \m/

7. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    HNAD !

It's nice to have an amp that we can take pretty much anywhere . I love my Vox mini !

kjmac and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  8. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    I have the Classic Rock and I like it a lot.

Vox Classic Rock.jpg

kjmac likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice