NAD and one on the way...

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by rbh32, Jan 10, 2019.

1. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    So, while I’m waiting on my 1960s Kay 600 to ship here, I took a day to just play around and hit up all the music and pawn shops in Columbus,GA. I wasn’t really looking for anything in particular, and I found some really cool stuff, but I just had to get this when I saw it, and also when I saw how much it was selling for. I was even more surprised when the pawn shop guy took even less!! And with selling my Traynor amp.. I feel like I made money...
    I’ve been looking at these new, and am pretty hooked on the whole one channel thing, so this has been in the back of my mind for a while.. well I got it home and I like it a lot!!! It obviously is bass heavy, but not as much as I thought, and it’s tameable. I’m expecting a Jensen C8R with the Kay, and it’s coming with an extra baffle for a 10” speaker (perfect for my Jensen C10Q, one of the two that I’m not selling) So I’m pretty excited about this speaker swapping. 0D082795-E146-419A-B184-0F09534AE69D.jpeg EA133CF6-A723-4A13-A78A-27BE79C69002.jpeg

2. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Cool. It’s great to find something and be really happy with the purchase right away and then stay that way!!!

dbrian66 and Taurus like this.
  3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    I bought a Craigslist Crate BX25 so I could play around on bass, and was surprised at how well it works as a keyboard and guitar amp. It's not bass heavy at all, unless you set the EQ that way. Since I'm new to bass amps I didn't know, but I bet the bass players here are not surprised at all. :)

4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2018
    Lost in my Sticks