My Upstairs Neighbors Gave Me the Best Christmas Present

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by RetiredNSquired, Dec 8, 2019.

1. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    They moved out! I now have no one above me for an unknown length of time There's a breezeway on the side of my guest/music room. For an apartment dweller,now what that means? I got the chance today to remember how much fun a set of P90s, with the MP15 cranked sounds and feels! It don't get much more fun than that! I just absolutely enjoy the way P90s give me such a range of possibilities tone-wise. Spent some sweet blues-time, and some time channeling my inner Leslie West. Hope nobody moves in for a loooooooooong time.

brians, SquierTap, drewcp and 21 others like this.
  2. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
  3. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    Put a dead fish under the sink up there.
    It'll be empty a while

4. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Cool, enjoy!!!

5. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Remove a ventilation register and drop it in the duct and it'll be much harder to find.

6. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

My upstairs guy is never home - I think I'll get him something for Christmas this year ! ! !

earplugs - if he decides to start staying home more ? great gift ! !

7. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

there's only two apartments in your building?

8. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

4 in mine - back two up and down are separate ( added later ) they don't hear anything ?

SquierTap likes this.
  9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Sooooooooo .................they got sick of you an left ?

Congrats ! :D:p:D

10. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Dead shrimp with the head on is worse.

11. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

I'm hoping I either have deaf neighbors or super ambitious office workers who never come home. Better yet a single family home but unless I move 3 hours away into the deep woods of Maine that's not going to happen.

12. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    What's a " breezeway"?.

13. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Situation is this. We have a ground floor unit. My music room is on one end, separated from a neighbor by a wide breezeway. She's rairly home neigbors on the other end separated by living room and master bedroom. Nothing behind us but dirt. So with nobody directly above, I've got some nice separation all around.

14. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Large open hallway opening to the parking lot. Gives nice separation from our neighbor.

Kenneth Mountain and 5ofeight like this.
  15. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ah, thanks. I understand now..

16. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Way back when I had the upstairs and the guy below would turn his TV down so he could best hear me..Then I got a fiddle...
    One day while shooting the breeze down in the yard he told me.."Joe you can stay as long as you want, but that damn fiddle has to go"..

17. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Have to say that my neighbours are sound, I have what we call here a "cottage flat", what that consists of is a block of 4 flats, two on the ground floor and two upper flats, I have a drive large enough for 3 or 4 cars and about 100ft of a rear garden, anyway. Never hear a peep out of any of my neighbours, guy who live in the next block down used to play the bagpipes and would stand in his rear garden at the end of each year and pipe out the old year and pipe in the new year, Kenny( that's the neighbour one block down) was telling one day while we were chatting that he was thinking of taking up guitar, I had a Washburn acoustic in the shed I had just finished refurbing so I gifted it to him.
    I know he is taking lessons so hopefully one of these days we will get to jam together..

18. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    I live in the middle of the woods. My nearest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away. If he comes driving in my driveway to ask me to turn it down, I figure my amp is working real good.

19. Rat cam 68

Rat cam 68 Squier-Meister

Mar 12, 2018
    Mooresville,In
    If a loud guitar don’t run off tress passers Samuel Colt will 15B813B9-7E41-4AE8-8900-D061970E8535.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice