My new song "No"

Discussion in 'MyMusic Place' started by stratman420, Jul 10, 2019.

1. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    I'm hoping some of you can take 2 minutes and 24 seconds of your life to check out my new song "No". Lyrics are in the description on the soundcloud link.

https://soundcloud.com/scarred/no-1

2. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

How can it be winter down there when I'm sweating like Nixon ? this was better than yesterday - ? more practice before you recorded ?

Flying Z and stratman420 like this.
  3. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Man, I hate the cold. Even 60 degrees is too cold for me, and it's in the low 40s, and no heat in my house lol.

About the recording sounding better than yesterday, no I didn't practice at all for either one. An issue I have with yesterdays song was the fact that I came in a little late on the chorus, and had no time to re-do it, or the other two choruses, so they were copied and pasted. I'll eventually get everything re-done after all of these demos are done.

For this song, I recorded the guitar last night, then played the bass and drums on my midi controller, quantized them, then listened to it on repeat coming up with ideas, wrote down the chorus. Woke up today, recorded the chorus, and then spent the day writing the lyrics for the verse. That's usually the process for all of my songs for this solo album.

Flying Z and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    While this is not really my genre\ type of music . What I see is you being persistent .

Keep at it and most of all .. Have fun !

Kenneth Mountain and stratman420 like this.
  5. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    made me feel like I was on Lude's

6. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Yeah kind of the point, as my music is a glimpse into my life the past 16 years or so, and I am on high doses of benzodiazapines at this point in my life.

7. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I like it! Brings me right back to the 90's!

8. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    how do you write all this music in such a small time! :eek:

9. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Well, I've been a musician most of my life, but mainly playing in bands as the drummer or bassist. After that period, I spent a lot of time and had quite some success producing beats for rap artists. After quitting my 7 year alcohol binge after moving to Chile, and the realization that I virtually wasted most of my 20's drinking the pain away from my life in America, such as all of the abuse and trauma, tragedies, etc... my mind is now in a state where I can process and accept everything that has happened in my life, and need to get my story out there or else my whole existence would have been futile, so like a gift from above or something, I've just been really inspired lately. I just pick up my guitar until I find a good riff, it could either be a verse, or a chorus, I never going into anything with any sort of plan, usually trial and error. Once I have a verse and a chorus and sometimes a bridge, I'll record the guitar, record bass and drums via my midi controller and then listen to the song on repeat while I write lyrics. The following day, or the same night, depending on circumstances, I will record the vocals and then upload. These are all demos so sound quality isn't my main concern at this point.

After I have about 15 songs or so, I will be going around the city handing out CDs and what not in an attempt to find a bassist and drummer. If that fails, then I have failed. If things go well, perhaps my depression will be better and I'll write a happy reggae esque album.

10. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    Ah the tortured artist expressionism. Life can be like that, Do you Know who Iggy Pop is?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  11. Flying Z

Flying Z Squier-Meister

Jun 1, 2019
    Mobile AL, USA
    IMHO listen to it yourself before you share and if you like it and feel its in its best form (what you imagined) then share it with the world.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice