My new mystery Squier Stratocaster Standard

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by stratman420, Mar 20, 2019.

1. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile

• Upon some investigation, I have a feeling the humbuckers very well might be the Fender Blacktops. Visually they are a match, and tonewise, especially compared to videos I've seen featuring the pickups, they sound almost identical. Here are some images I found of the blacktops. 0de538e1-071d-5e72-9a37-c05d83a2bf18_1024x1024.jpg 0149100-pickups.jpg

2. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Well, it was confirmed to me by the seller that the humbuckers are indeed the Fender Blacktops. The attatched image is what was installed. Doing research, it appears as if they are no longer in production. I found a few sets on Reverb, but they were already sold.

Since I love the sound of these PUPs, I decided I will leave them in. The chrome is starting to grow on me, as it's pretty unique.

I do come to you guys for some advice though. I would like to do some upgrades. I would like to get locking tuners, but I'm curious as to which brand (if any) will fit, without me having to drill new holes.

I'm very happy with the nut, and the bridge is great probably because everything was professionally set up prior to my purchase, but down the road I might look into getting a more advanced bridge.

I definitely plan on getting Dunlop strap locks in the very near future as well as a more comfortable strap.

Do any of you have any other suggestions on some nice upgrades I could do that I might be forgetting, something that won't break the bank? All pots are new, so that's a non issue.

Anyway, thanks in advance and without further ado, here is an image of the HH Fender Blacktop PG that was installed. Fender-Blacktop-HH-Stratocaster-LOADED-PICKGUARD-Dual-Humbuckers.jpg

3. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Wow! Very good-looking!
    HNGD !

Kenneth Mountain and stratman420 like this.
  4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Squier-Meister

Jul 13, 2018
    USA
    Partscaster or not, if it makes you smile playing it, then it shouldn't matter to me!

That's a nice looking guitar! Now, if you could share a sound sample, it would be awesome!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  5. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Definitely man, in the next few days I will upload a video to my YouTube channel. Just have to figure out what to play, lol. Might just do a quick demo of all the sounds.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice