Musically Mr M Here.......

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MusicallyMrM, Feb 10, 2019.

1. MusicallyMrM

MusicallyMrM Squier Talker

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    .....from Northeastern North Carolina. Pleased to have made the acquaintance of so many wonderful pickers here. Moreover....that I haven't a gear snob in the bunch (as of yet)

I am a retired music educator. I taught instrumental music (band and orchestra) for over 30 years. Along the way , I've taught guitar (acoustic and electric as well as bass). The guitar has been my fascination since I was a child. We have a lot of great guitarist in my family so I kind of had no choice in developing a real interest even though I majored in Woodwind Studies and piano in college. I remember running into a classical guitarist/instructor while in school named Robin Welch who simply stoked my fire all the more and the rest is history. I own over 30 guitars of different types and value and the ones that mean the most were the parts guitars, the less expensive models, the ones that needed just a little love. Those became just like my "kids" (I have a son and daughter who are both good musicians in their own right) The favorites of the bunch are the Squiers I've acquired along the way. That's what bought me here. :D

I'm really enjoying this place and hope that my contributions might help someone as much as these post have helped this old teacher thus far:)

Also, since I feel like my music tells my story best, check me out @

https://soundcloud.com/musically-mr-m

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Welcome fellow educator. I'm a math teacher teaching 9th grade Algebra I in the South Bronx. I was a former Industrial Engineer for 16 years (last 6 with Steinway and Sons) before switching careers for the past 11 years. :)

I've asked my admin to allow me to teach a beginner guitar class. I received the OK last year, but it never happened. I'll ask again. :)

I'm a guitar snob .. ha ha. But I love my Squiers. I have 13 modded NC's ... which I adore. Tons of different variations in tone, feel, and sound.

I've recently been on a Harley Benton kick ... but I have an MIK gold label Squier in the mail. Oh yeah.

3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Is that you on vocals also?

MusicallyMrM likes this.
  4. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    You've been around here for a while so you know the bunch her. Thanks for the new introduction lol

Eddie likes this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Took awhile to say hello. :)

MusicallyMrM likes this.
  6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Thanks for sharing that about you and yours .

Looking forward to some of your input on here :0)

MusicallyMrM and Eddie like this.
  7. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Glad to have you Mr M.. What are we looking at in your avatar picture,, is that you with your son and daughter,,
    A music group,, or all of the above..
    Sounds like youll fit right in.. a lot of us here like our misfit toys the most..

wickedtools and Eddie like this.
  8. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
  9. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    yep, that would be me :D

Eddie likes this.
  10. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Glad to hear from you MrM. My son's middle school music director was also Mr. M and he recently retired too. It's a terrific thing you do, to take young people who are just learning and shape them into a tight group by the end of the academic year.

Of course, we want to see picture of those guitars.

Eddie likes this.
  11. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    That's part of my band. My bass player and one of the sweetest lady vocalist this side of heaven
    #myroadwife #myfavoritemistake ;)

wickedtools, squierbilly and Eddie like this.
  12. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    You will fit in just fine here! Welcome aboard and we look forward to your posts. PS really enjoyed the first song on sound cloud

Eddie and MusicallyMrM like this.
  13. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    ........a funny story. I found this site over 8 years ago and after 2 computer failures, I lost track of it. My latest Squier helped me find it again. Google backups help a lot too :p

Eddie likes this.
  14. MusicallyMrM

Oct 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Last post of the evening........someone mentioned seeing the guitars, hearing the guitars. here's a couple of vids demoing a couple of my favorite guitars, one Fender/Squier/parts caster and a "not so Fender" piece but it was fun while it lasted. I got traded for another Squier. I'll share that one later ;)

wickedtools, alan s, Pat V. and 3 others like this.
  15. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    MusicallyMrM and Eddie like this.
  16. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  17. alan s

alan s Squier Talker

Jan 21, 2019
    Lincolnshire UK
    Hi MrM and welcome from across the pond,you really make that Strat sound good,the tone is just great.
    I look forward to hearing more from you sometime

All the best

Alan

Eddie, wickedtools and MusicallyMrM like this.
  18. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your music. What amps are you playing through? :):cool::)

19. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Hi and welcome to Squier-Talk. I hope we can share some tid bits that are helpful. I look forward to gathering bits from your knowledge as well. Most of all have fun, otherwise what's the point?