MP 15 Speaker Swap Comparison

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by RetiredNSquired, Jun 12, 2019.

1. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Been lots of discussions around here on changing speakers in the Monoprice 15 amp. I've been quite vocal on the Emminence CRex I put in mine, and love, others have tried different speakers for their own sound. Darrell just put this out (he's really been following up on tweaking the MP15), thought I'd share it here for interested folks.

ElRey67 and Triple Jim like this.
  2. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Meister

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Just got my Stage Right 15 but have not been able to play it much as Mrs. Viking has had recent surgery. But I'm enjoying it as is when I get the chance. Especially through my Tele Standard. Doesn't sound so good when I put my Seagull S6 through it though. :rolleyes:

3. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    I'm digging the smoothness of Cannibis Rex. Seems to even out some harshness around the edges.
    Seemed to bring out the warmth of the harmonics.

RetiredNSquired likes this.
  4. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

The "tone" control on the MP15 is a treble-cut after the preamp and phase inverters, so it too can even out harshness from anything in the preamp or effects loop. The only time that amp is going to have power tube distortion is when you're playing at high volume in the 15w mode.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    drewcp likes this.
  5. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Exactly what I've found with mine.

ElRey67 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice