Monoprice sale

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by porkpie, Feb 23, 2018.

1. porkpie

porkpie Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    ADLGMT8 and Davis Sharp like this.
  2. burke

burke Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2014
    florida
    How are the necks on the teles? Are they chunky? nut width?

Also are the Jazz basses any good?

3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-Nut

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    Don't skip checking retailmenot.com for Monoprice coupon codes. A friend recently got the 15w tube amp for $160 delivered, using a code.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    True ... but those shipping charges, especially if you're on the East Coast like me, can be a real pain.

There are some Monoprice Q&As where the rep says the nut width is 43 mm on the newer models. I have the older California Classic Strat copy ... which by the way I see Monoprice may be preparing to sell again. The "suggested" price is only $69.99, but the listing says it is out of stock. These models have not been sold since April of May IIRW.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=115&cp_id=11501&cs_id=1150101&p_id=610103&seq=1&format=2

As for the Tele copy neck, I read one review that says it is sort of chunky, but I don't personally know. My older Strat copy has a very slim profile neck. But again, that is the older model which sold quite well. The Monoprice site has 332 reviews on the California Classic series alone and the older Route 66 LP copies also were very popular. I don't know much about the first-generation Tele copies, however.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the basses, new or old, at all.

5. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Member @surf green says that the Indio Tele neck profile is very similar to the chunky Sawtooth Tele (43mm wide at the nut, which makes it wider, but not thicker than a MIM Tele neck), he should know, he just sold me a Sawtooth neck... and bought an Indio Tele.

Can’t speak for any other models.

6. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Here are some tele DSCN1954.JPG neck comparisons: DSCN1956.JPG DSCN1957.JPG DSCN1958.JPG
    1st pic
    left - Mono (old) CA Classic right Mono Indigo Classic
    2nd pic
    close-up of 1st pic
    3rd pic
    left - Sawtooth tele right Mono Indigo Classic
    4th pic
    close-up of 3rd pic

Top row pic 1 & 2, bottom row pic 3 & 4 (you never know where the pics will land). So Sawtooth & Indigo have "chunky" necks, good, but still not vintage fat tele style.
    Update on the $99 Indigo, after a couple of weeks playing it: I really like it, tuners work well (even held open E for a slide session), pickups have a "dirty" rock tone (think Rolling Stones), built like a brick bleep house, a little weighty, but so am I.

7. MOD-VM70

MOD-VM70 Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2016
    Florida
    Does anybody have a current Monoprice coupon code? Can't find any valid generic codes last couple days on the usual sites. Looking to offset the shipping charge.