Maybe build me a lefty

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DUSTER, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

1. DUSTER

DUSTER Squier-Meister

May 2, 2014
    Greensburg, Pa.
    I'm thinking of finding myself a lefty and swapping it to play righty. I'm just a bit bored and that seems like a fun project to tinker with.

2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I did the same thing a bit ago -- did a lefty strat in Oly White a la Jimi's Woodstock Strat.

For me, I couldn't get along w/ the controls on top -- ended up parting that project back out (but it sure was fun building anyway!)

3. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    That's my biggest worry about something like that. I like the idea of having the reversed guitar like Jimi or Kurt but the controls on a Strat would be right in the way.

Maybe if it was a Tom DeLonge style with just the one knob it might not be so bad.

drewcp likes this.
  4. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    just get a lefty neck and put it on a righty guitar, you will get along much better than an entire flip

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  5. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    I also flipped a lefty strat to play righty, a Hendrix Tribute. The novelty wore off quick. I sold it. It was fun for about 6 months though.

drewcp and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Yepp.

That and a Jimi reverse guard like mine ;) IMG_20190602_133228.jpg

Las Palmas Norte and Triple Jim like this.
  7. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Very important so you can get the creepy-mean bass string twang like in If 6 was 9.

8. I thought about that sort of half heartedly. A left handed Standard came up for sale. Buddy wanted too much for it and it was over an hours drive away. My thoughts have since faded.
    Cheers, Barrie.

9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I've now put the Duncan Jimi pups in this Strat and they do give a distinct tone with the reverse pole stagger. It's wonderful stuff when the tubes are sizzlin jam.gif jam.gif jam.gif

Triple Jim likes this.
  10. Lovemesomesquiers

Lovemesomesquiers Squier Talker

Thursday
    London
    I'm lefty and I've recently started playing right-handed because i was tired too. Tired of NOT finding left-handed guitars! :cool:

11. Almost like a piano player trying to find a left handed piano.
    How's the switch working out for you?
    Cheers, Barrie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice