May RIFF RAFF?

Discussion in 'MyMusic Place' started by beagle, May 6, 2020.

1. beagle

beagle Squier-Meister

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Shhh.... :p

IronSchef likes this.
  2. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    The end game goal was to build like a drum machine on mega steroids that does like an entire big band if needed instead of just boom/tap boom/tap... To then play on top of with guitar and bass and etc... So far tho its been hard to figure all the stuff out and get it to the point I want it at quality wise. So just been doin 1 test after the other where I try and create little tunes and hopefully learn stuff while doin it... Figure eventually ill get enough of it down to where the quality level starts goin up and etc...

1 thing that isn't helping is I changed around the way I do stuff recording wise so now all the guitar stuff I do sounds way different. And so far different in a bad way usually as im having a way harder time getting good guitar sounds with what im usin now. So at this point everything ive done guitar wise in combination with the electronica type gear leaves me wishin I could figure out a solution to the strings sound issue... It sucks cause the plan was to figure the stuff out then play guitar on top of it. And now the guitar sounds like crap heh...

strummer101 likes this.
  3. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia

Vox Rock mini head /8” stack w/ EH Holy Grail Spring verb , ASAT

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Well I have all my pro op, lab work Dr. visits over with and on Wednesday I go in for a couple of days. I will be having lots of ASS time so I am going to rerun some oldies from time to time...Here is the Starcaster with Gold Foil Pickups...

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    strat_strummer likes this.
  5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon

I just cut this demo of my newest acquisition. It’s a compilation of riffs, kinda lol

strummer101 and beagle like this.
  6. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Consider it an audition for OneStringSam’s Mosh & Roll band : } ...

RoyalWe and beagle like this.
  7. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Sounds cool. Is that like one of the cheap little Chinese wireless systems?

8. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    When I was young I was told u could take over the world with beer, hockey and synthesizers. Of course it was just a movie... Im still tryin tho…

Behringer Wasp, Behringer Model D and 3 Volca FM synths sequenced by the Elektron Model:Samples unit on the left... Which also does sample based drum stuff on 1 of its tracks as well... The Model:Samples unit on the right just does sample based stuff...

U can use the 16 trigger/step buttons at the bottom of the Model:Samples units to "play in" the sequences with a real time record type option it has. Then u can also use them to call up the sounds in real time too and not part of any sequence type stuff. So its kinda cool as u can switch from synth to synth or switch from 1 sample based sound to the other and play them in real time. But also basicly sequence all the stuff as well with a real time record option or the typical step based type sequencing u see in drum machines and synths and etc... Good fun for sure...

strummer101 likes this.
  9. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Yes, the Donner brand version 2

strummer101 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice