Maalox anyone?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by ScoobySnacker, Dec 4, 2019.

1. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    One year ago today I joined this motley bunch of guitar slingers.:rolleyes:
    At the time I was the happy owner of a couple of Yamaha acoustics, a 2001 Affinity Stratocaster, a recently acquired G&L ASAT Bluesboy MII, and a pair of 40 watt Fender amplifiers (1 Champ and 1 Acoustasonic). At least I THOUGHT I was happy. :)

Then I started hanging around with you guys(my mom warned me about guys like you).:oops::p

Since that fateful day :eek:I have added 2 Firefly semi-hollows(1 Blue burst, 1 red), a Monoprice stage right 15W amp, an Epiphone SG special and a CAR Squier Standard Stratocaster. Not to mention a plethora of cables and other such necessities.

Groucho was right when he said "I should never be a member of any group that would have me as a member. ;)

The GAAAAAS is bad amongst youse and HIGHLY contagious. :mad:;)

Thanks for letting me hang out with you. :):D

BTW, is there a cure or am I doomed?:confused::cool:

2. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    We're definitely a bunch of enablers. Guitars are like chips, you can't just have one.

3. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    I am pretty sure if I lost both my hands I would still buy guitars .

4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    You’re doomed :D

5. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    'Tis true, indeed. :confused:

I have, however, found that all these new toys have me far more involved in the learning process as I play more frequently(gotta play 'em all, don't I).
    As such, I have actually reached mediocrity in my playing abilities. :)

squierbilly and waynes world like this.
  6. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    I had one a year ago now six, I can relate! It does make you play more to justify all the purchases ;)

7. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
    Now that's funny! I feel the same way and have heard it from the little woman umpteen times.

ScoobySnacker and waynes world like this.
  8. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I guess I continue to make Marx proud!!

Okay, jokes aside... While I love looking and daydreaming about new gear, I'm actually well controlled when it comes to pulling the trigger and actually pick something up, unless it's a great deal with the intent of reselling for a fair price later on.

I guess being a broke senior college student doesn't really help the matters, neither in terms of available funds, nor regarding my mentality of avoiding the accumulation of redundant possessions that could soon become a burden when I start looking for the next opportunities awaiting me after graduation, that I've already mentioned around here recently.

My current collection of gear consists of two electrics - the Squier that started it all and brought me here, and my PRS SE - my classical guitar and my Portuguese guitar (which I technically currently own two, though my old one is consigned for sale at a local store). Other than the Squier, which would be incredibly hard to part ways with out of sentimental value, all the others were the best I could reasonably afford and great keepers for many years to come, I hope.

ScoobySnacker likes this.
  9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    We love to share the gas around here ...lol

10. Guitar Cat

Guitar Cat Squier-Meister

Jul 29, 2018
    Spring Lake Hts, NJ
    Getting involved with learning the guitar is a good thing. Keep it going!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice