M*A*S*H - tribute Stratocaster.

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Las Palmas Norte, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Cheers all. I'm also lookin' forward to completing this project. Anyone else working on a tribute guitar?
    Barrie.

2. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    Yes, very nice, and there were Strats around during that war...

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  3. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    We have many things in common reference the ROK, have probably chewed the same bulgogi and hit the same villes. I'll shoot you a message, don't wanna distract from Barrie's awesome project.

4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I am whittling down from 17 to 4 guitars: Strat, Tele, LP, semi-hollow (gold top Epi Wildkat with P90s). For the Strat I am building a white rhino SE with my grandkids' hand prints, ala ST member fadetoz. That body is in S. Carolina currently. I suppose it is a tribute to my 5 grandkids. I told the older ones it will be my way of being in touch with them every day. :) It will be my daily player.

5. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Looks great, if it were my build I think I would be tempted to add "hot lips" lips, Radars "glasses" a "dog collar" and a "fishing fly" or two. hahaha

6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Awesome idea, hoss... I remember my first wallet when I was 4 or 5 years old was a M*A*S*H* wallet with a helicopter on the front... And the theme "Suicide Is Painless" is one of my favorite pieces of music... But in my mind it's always immediately followed by the "Gunsmoke" theme cause that's what came on as soon as it was over, lol...

7. whaynes3

whaynes3 Squier-holic

Apr 3, 2011
    Port Charlotte Fl
    Name her hot lips Huluhan

8. Paul1985

Paul1985 Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2019
    England
    Man that is a super cool guitar well done

9. I assume the M*A*S*H series aired in England as well?
    Cheers, Barrie.

10. Paul1985

Paul1985 Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2019
    England
    It did, I used to enjoy it when I managed to catch it

dbrian66 likes this.
  11. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    I know what the guitar needs, medical supply accessories (knobs, etc).

I remember a liquor store sold gin in what looked like an IV bottle with M*A*S*H on it. It was the 70s.

12. I don't want it to be too "busy" with looks.

After the series ended, I recall buying a six pack of MASH beer. Thought I'd save it as a collectable … then I got thirsty :D

MASH Beer.jpg
    Cheers, Barrie.

13. Zeedoctour

Zeedoctour Squier Talker

Feb 19, 2018
    Texas
    Thank you for posting this. I have just come out of 6 months of intense cancer treatment which destroyed some of my hearing, several areas of the sound frequency spectrum are missing for me now and what remains is strangely altered. I was so depressed about this I stopped playing guitar altogether. I have since found a positive way to deal with the loss and am incorporating it into a different (yet strangely consistent) perspective on what I am left with. It has propelled me into the instrument with new vigor. I have a tear floating in the bottom of my eye right now. Thank you.

14. God bless you @Zeedoctour . Wishing you the best as you pursue new avenues. Is this hearing loss permanent or can it improve over time? The human body is very resilient … look no further than Beethoven's 9th which was written when he was almost totally deaf.
    Cheers, Barrie.

15. Zeedoctour

Zeedoctour Squier Talker

Feb 19, 2018
    Texas
    We had hoped it was temporary and would improve. Since then I have undergone some specialized testing and they say it is permanent (nerve damage) and while it hasn't been a lot of time passed yet (3 months) it seems that it is something I am stuck with.

16. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-holic

For what little I have done for you in this time of need in your life, I would be deeply honored if you would post some of your efforts for the members here and(least of all) myself.
    Anything else that I could say after this would seem oddly self-serving and disrespectful to some one who has gone through what you have gone through, so I'll simply quote my old regiments motto, which seems to me appropriate:
    Toujour Prett
    ("Always At The Ready")

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  17. Zeedoctour

Zeedoctour Squier Talker

Feb 19, 2018
    Texas
    I have only just started to play again. I don't feel ready to perform yet. The only stuff guitar I've done in the past year is build them. This is my most recent.

Attached Files:

18. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-holic

Whenever you feel up to it,...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  19. Zeedoctour

Zeedoctour Squier Talker

Feb 19, 2018
    Texas
    If I can keep up the work load of regaining some chops I might have something next month. I want to record in a manner that's worth the effort and don't have anything that can do it at my place. I have a friend though ..... we shall see what comes of it.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  20. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

The guitar player's creed?
    This is my guitar, there are many like it but this one is mine...........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice