M*A*S*H - tribute Stratocaster.

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Las Palmas Norte, Aug 10, 2019.

1. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2015
    UK
    Barrie ..... that's way cool.

Nicely done my son.

2. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Nice one ! I'm so glad it isn't a Tele as I have been in the process of building an Army Tele for the past year or so as a tribute to my father who served in Korea. That way I don't look like a copy cat ,I hope ! :)
    Note : You probably know this but ,MASH was based on the Viet Nam war but since it was still going on they changed it to the Korean "Conflict" .

Cheers !

3. Ahh yes. I stand corrected. For some reason Vietnam came to mind in my original post.
    Cheers, Barrie.

4. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MASH:_A_Novel_About_Three_Army_Doctors
    MASH: A Novel About Three Army Doctors is a 1968 novel by Richard Hooker (the pen name for former military surgeon Dr. H. Richard Hornberger and writer W. C. Heinz[1]) which is notable as the inspiration for the feature film MASH (1970) and TV series M*A*S*H. The novel is about a fictional U.S. Mobile Army Surgical Hospital in Korea during the Korean War.

5. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Just going by an interview I saw with a cast member and a producer of the show so I guess they were wrong ?

6. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Very cool project, I can't wait to see it finished.

7. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    I love the finish. Its very original! Funny thing, I'm watching it on MeTv. I have every episode memorized, but I still love watching after all these years.

8. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Classics are classics for a reason. I've been watching Bogart films on TCM all day today, 'cause August is Summer of the Stars, which features films from one star each day, from 6am Eastern until 6am the next morning. And even though I've seen many of these films many times, just like classic albums that you can listen to over and over again, classic films and TV series can be watched over and over as well, and never lose their appeal, IMO.

9. jskeen

jskeen Squier-holic

Feb 9, 2016
    Texas
    I was stationed at K55 (Osan AB) with the 51'st Med Group. One of our tasks was to maintain and deploy WRM Medical assets during joint force activities. The main assets were 5 mobile surgical units, which consisted of a giant tinkertoy box that opened up into a 40x40 sealed OR, complete with equipment and supplies that was intended to be grafted onto an army mobile field hospital. We deployed during the annual chinese fire drill known as "Team Stupid", or Team Spirit" if there were Ossifers within earshot. Lots of fun, and because we controlled the generators and field air conditioners for the OR units, a very popular place to hang out, as the larger army units were mostly tents, and they always seemed to have their AC units clustered around Officer country. The rest of the place got pretty stuffy.

10. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

I remember that episode well. The actor was also on a series called, "The Paper Chase" about some kids in law school and their law professor.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  11. TimTheViking

That is very cool. If you could somehow hold the matte finish without it getting marred every time something touched it.

12. TimTheViking

I loved the show. There was a time when I could watch 4 episodes in one day on Mondays. This was before the digital age.
    Two reruns between 4:30-5:30. The network air at 8:00 and then another from 11:00-11:30 PM. About as close to binge-watching as it got back in the late '70s and early '80s.
    I remember my two year old daughter asking, "Are you and Momma going to watch smush?"

13. horax

horax Dr. Squier

Aug 9, 2010
    colorado springs
    best build idea i've seen in quite awhile.
    I think it would be sweet if you could use some bullet casings for the knobs, but that might be too 'real.'

Cannot wait to see the finished project!

14. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Super freaking cool.

15. If you know Hawkeye Pierce, Alan Alda's character, he would not approve.

Therefore, I have to shoot a low luster finish to seal it.
    Cheers, Barrie.

16. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Hawkeye would approve of a reference to the Still and homemade gin lol

17. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Perfect! Maybe some barrel knobs painted to look like olives (olive green with red in the center). A perfect subtle nod to Hawkeye.

18. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-holic

I mentioned this thread to a freind back home who just recently mustered out after nearly 32 years and she was remmined of her late husband and I when we were serving together,... It's a little sad but I think that Hawkeye and Co would approve of remembering those that served and who are no longer with us,...

19. newscaster

newscaster Squier Talker

Aug 23, 2018
    Nevada
    That is really looking good.

20. stratfreak

stratfreak Squier-Meister

May 1, 2019
    Austin, TX
    LOVED the tv show.

and that guitar is really cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice