Looking for some half decent alnico pickups

Discussion in 'FREE to a good home!' started by Guitarmageddon, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Anybody have something in their parts drawer - maybe even some cheapies like from a Squier Standard? Just looking to upgrade my Jay Turser and I only make like $925 US a month, I was hoping maybe somebody might have something kicking around that they don't need, and I'd be willing to pay to have them shipped....

Thanks - and even if nobody has anything, you guys and girls here are awesome and I thank you for the support I get on here!

2. JBrooks

JBrooks Squier-Meister

Jun 18, 2019
    Chicago
    Stock SE pickups are not Alnico's, they are ceramic?

JurnyWannaBe and Guitarmageddon like this.
  3. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    They're ceramic, I already have something similar in my guitar to those....sure appreciate it though! I'm sure if you have SE pickups someone on here would love to have and use them.....

Flying Z, JurnyWannaBe and drewcp like this.
  4. JBrooks

JBrooks Squier-Meister

Jun 18, 2019
    Chicago
    Learned something new today :) My SE has ceramic pups.
    OK back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    What's wrong with the JTs..I had them in two guitars and didn't see a need to replace them..

Caddy and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  6. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    they sound harsh to me and too compressed

Flying Z and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  7. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Ryan, I don't have a full set, but I do have a River Pickups Alnico5 Strat-style Bridge pickup -- I like the pickup set, but swapped a Rails HB into the bridge ... its your if you want it, buddy, PM me w address

8. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I dunno if you wanna mix and match, but...I have an Artec SBA77C like the one in the link except mine is black w/chrome rails. I bought it for a guitar I ended up selling, don't have a project for it. Yours if you want it.
    https://www.ebay.com/i/202737366790...MI7MvvgueC5AIVhv_jBx3EUA5REAQYASABEgItXPD_BwE
    EDIT: I found an ad on reverb, it says alnico. With my TBI I couldn't remember details. Oughtta be a good one.
    https://reverb.com/item/3921977-artec-sba77c-chrome-hot-rail-single-coil-humbucker-pickup

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Flying Z and Guitarmageddon like this.
  9. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Only cause your a really cool dude.....Got these...came out of a 2004 Standard deluxe, QMT..you remember...o_O...they have 500k pots...stock.... lemme know.... they meter out in the 6's

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  10. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    That would be amazing!! I'll PM you!!

wickedtools likes this.
  11. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    I take you’re talking abut strat style pickups. Sounds like I missed my chance to clear out my drawer. I have a few sets of ceramic strat pickups that are just taking up space as I have no strats in my collection, and no desire to get one.

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  12. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    You probably did, but did you play with their height ? In my Vintage JT300, pups sounded great.

13. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    If you don't stumble onto anything else, then go to Ebay and get a set of the AMAZING GM 62z for $25 with free shipping. I put a set in my Am Pro Strat (a $1400 guitar) after becoming disillusioned in the stock V-Mod pickups, and after trying Am Stds, Texas Specials, and Dimarzio Area 58s, and not being totally thrilled with any of them, and they brought that guitar back to life, and sound as good to me as any Strat pickups that I've tried at any price.

14. I checked an eBay link for those 62'z and there's no provisions for shipping to Canada. Odd really. since it's closer than Hawaii. Canada, the red headed step kid I guess.:)
    Cheers, Barrie.

15. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Wow, that's stupid. Sorry to hear that. I just assumed that it wouldn't be a problem, since he's in Staten Island. FWIW, I think that the Musiclily Pro Alnico V, Donlis Alnico V, Artec Alnico V, and house brand cheap Alnico V Strat pickups at the Strstosphere are essentially the same pickups, or very similar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice