Looking for an HH

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by squi guy, Apr 22, 2019.

1. squi guy

squi guy Squier-Meister

Jan 5, 2019
    North Canton,Ohio
    I want to add an HH to my lineup, (4 Strats, time to mix it up) Been looking at low end models, $250.00 and below range, or thereabouts, so far these have piqued my interest, Epiphone Les Paul Special II's, ESP LTD EC- 10, and even the newer Squier Contemporary Tele's. Not a big fan of SG's or Strat style shapes like I see on many of the Ibanez HH guitars. I've yet to play any of these yet, but wanted to throw this out to ya'll for thoughts on these or any others I may not be thinking of.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    You can get a new HH Harley Benton semi-hollow Tele for about $220, shipped.

SquierTap, Chubbles, Eddie and 4 others like this.
  3. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Used Epi LP Traditional II or III. Trust me.

4. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I think if you’re willing to go up to 250 for something used, what Lonn said is a great suggestion. Then you’ll have a “real” as in full size Les Paul. The lowest end of the LTD stuff doesn’t impress me, at least not based on trying them in a store.

Oscar Schmidt makes a LP style guitar that can be had around the price brand new. Or Agile might be a good option too.

5. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Used for $250, there are many alternatives. New, I say go for an Agile LP.

MadJack, Exhead, ElRey67 and 4 others like this.
  6. squi guy

squi guy Squier-Meister

Jan 5, 2019
    North Canton,Ohio
    Thanks for the tips, and I'll look into some of these. I want to take my time on this and get it right, too many online purchases have left me less then inspired after I opened the box on more then a few over the years.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  7. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    I have several. Let me know if I can get you one.

102_0649.JPG
    sg 2.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  8. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Check out your local Pawn Shops they have a large selection and if you hit it at the right time you might score on a nice Epi Les Paul:)

9. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    I also have a Jay Turser that is OK as a HB... DSCN4752 (2).JPG

10. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Agile LPs are also a great deal as mentioned.

11. kenneth

kenneth Squier-Meister

Aug 3, 2016
    Canada
    There’s a great deal on a LTD in the classifieds! I have an LTD and can say personally I find it excellent, and the stock pickups work well for me.

12. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
  13. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I did not have a need, nor was I truly looking for an HH when I got my blue sparkle HH Bullet Strat. It's as base model as it gets.... But dang it if it doesn't get more regular play than my vintage and other "better" guitars. You may not have an interest in them, but it's free to look and if there's a store near you, look at any an all HH guitars.

14. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Meister

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
  15. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    I’m an old Les Paul guy so I’d go with any Epi LP or, if you dig offsets and want to stay in the Squier family, a Jagmaster is a really nice option

16. squi guy

squi guy Squier-Meister

Jan 5, 2019
    North Canton,Ohio
    This is real close, thanks for the heads up, but I think I'm going to look for an Epi Les Paul, like I said earlier, I want to get it right and actually play the eventual one I'm going to purchase, too many disappointments when the package gets dropped off at the door.

17. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Kenneth Mountain and Chubbles like this.
  18. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    I love HB guitars, also love Stratocasters :) so I would get a two humbucker Strat. I have several but built the guards and modified the bodies to fit them.

Most lower end HB guitars are lacking in my opinion. Bought a two HB Bullet and though it was a beautiful orange I hated it and sold it off on commission almost immediately.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  19. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I would also like to suggest a PRS copy, or something like one of the Washburn BT series guitars. I had a BT-3 (I think it was a 3) set up in C standard once and it was just lovely to play, but the one I had was HSS, but there are loads in the range that are HH.

20. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    squierbilly and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice