Kustom Bass Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Las Palmas Norte, Jul 10, 2018.

1. I spotted this Kustom 4 x 12 bass cabinet (Celestion speakers) for sale. It seem reasonably priced $140 (CDN) or $105 (USD) with the option to offer lower.
    I know absolutely nothing about these or if it's even worth my time. Your input is valued as always here on the S.T. ;)

Cheers, Barrie.

Attached Files:

willhowl and calihick like this.
  2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-Nut

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    I don't know that one either, but plan to play though it and make sure all four speakers are working if you are buying it with that assumption.

3. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    i've played through some kustom stuff, it's really good for the money and you can often get them for cheap

4. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    I'm not well versed in the newer Kustom stuff. The old Kusom stuff was widely used, back in the tuck and roll days. Many pros used their gear. Surely some of the quality is still there, especially at that price.

5. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    Hey what happened to the ability to upload direct picture files from your computer to be imbedded in the post?

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-Nut

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    Nothing. You can do it with the "Upload a File" button.

7. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    I tried that and it does it as an attachment, rather than in the body of the post like it did a few days ago?

8. You mean like this? I just chose not to in my original post.

KustomBassCab.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

9. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    That's what i mean. It kept asking for aURL as in hosted. How did you do it?

10. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-Nut

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    Are you hitting the "Upload a File" button, or the little icon of a picture?

11. Well when I use the "Upload File", once it loads, there's an option to leave as a thumbnail or full image. Just click - full image. I generally re-size my pics to a reasonable size before I upload them.

RetiredNSquired likes this.
  12. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    That's what I've always done. Maybe I just caught a computer hiccup. When I tried it just did the attach a file, no other options or anything. Weird.

See it did it again, just attached and not showing as a picture.

Attached Files:

13. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Meister

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Saw John Fogerty last month and he made a point to say he’s still playing the very same Kustom amp and cab he used with Creedence. Of course he could play through a transistor radio and make it sound good.

14. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

Isn't a 4 x 12 typically a guitar thing? As a bass player primarily I'm used to 4 x 10 cabs.

15. calihick

calihick Squier-Nut

Mar 12, 2015
    west coast
    4 x 10 cabs are very common these days for bass, as are 1 x 12 or 2 x 12's. More efficient speakers, lighter and more powerful magnets, and, more surface area. I run a Rumble V3 500 head with Rumble cabs, a 1 x 15 on top, and a 4 x 10 on the bottom for my new bass rig. There is mucho info on TalkBass on this....

I do still have, and love, my 82 Peavy MkIV bass amp with a 1 x 15 that weighs about 200 pounds. (Not really, but throwing a 3-4 pound 500 watt class D head in a shoulder bag is rather nice....) I play that rig once in a while.

16. When I saw J. Fogerty back in the 90's, he brought out an amp he said was the same one he used at Woodstock. I wonder if that was the same one? CCR never got on stage til after midnite and fewer people saw their performance at Woodstook than expected.

Cheers, Barrie.

willhowl likes this.
  17. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Meister

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Yep, forgot he did say that, same amp.

willhowl likes this.
  18. willhowl

willhowl Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2011
    Houston Texas
    You might want to think about that one, LPN.......could be alright....4x12 Celestions for a Hundred Bux??......Hmmmm

As Always, Buyer Beware.........willhowl

19. I have not contacted the person that listed it. I'm on the fence with even looking at it ... that usually means I'll never look at it.
    Cheers, Barrie.

willhowl likes this.