Just Ordered This!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by porkpie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Well the money I made from this past weekends guitar and amp sale is burning a hole in my pocket so this is on the way:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HF9PYVS/?tag=squiertalk-20
    I already ordered a new loaded wiring harness/switch from RRG that will be installed. May mod the pickups with some Fender ones I got from Hoss, but will see how the Alnico 5's that come with it sound, also comes with a bone nut which is a nice touch.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Congratulations. I bought the orange one too. Real nice guitar.The neck was really flat, but the fret finish and action was great.The pick ups on mine are fine, nothing to get excited about, but good enough.Still might upgrade the electronics.

3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yes !!! The matte black one is calling me !!!

4. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I don't know how the can build a guitar like that which actually plays and still make a profit. I picked up a flamed maple Indio Tele from Monoprice about a year ago when they were having a big sale. I overhauled it a little, and dressed the fret ends, but other than that it's stock and plays great. I've got everything from Squires to Gretches with a couple Epis and Fenders thrown in, and the cheap Monoprice guitar plays almost as nice as any of them. I'm looking forward to a complete review on your Firefly.

5. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Thanks guys, thought I better get one before they are out of stock or the price goes up. Saw a youtube video where a guy says persons buy these up in quantity, Amazon sells out and then these persons sell on eBay for a tidy little profit.

6. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    HNGD an advance!!

That is super-cool looking. love that bound orange semihollow body!

Kenneth Mountain, Eddie and porkpie like this.
  7. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Well it shipped yesterday using Amazon Prime so I was hoping to get it Saturday, but they shipped UPS so it looks like Monday. Found this review:

8. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    WOW! That's a lot of guitar for very little scratch. Love your color choice. Let us know how you like it! Congrats!

wickedtools and porkpie like this.
  9. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Thanks Hoss, may be using those pickups you sold me in this one, not sure yet, but may make this a real killer along with the RRG loaded harness. Haven't had much time to do any modding lately, have been working a lot of hours so I save any free time I have for practicing. Nice to hear from you.

wickedtools and Hoss like this.
  10. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Just bought a Sunburst Monoprice "Indio" tele. Waiting to receive it.

porkpie likes this.
  11. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Just checked tracking, shipped from Ontario, CA., cool I'm in Idaho, not too far away, now it's in Kentucky, what the heck is that all about?

Big tuna likes this.
  12. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    It's this crazy shipping mine was the same way my guitar went all over the place. That guy on utube did a review on the semi hollow body from Firefly. I got one good deal well built played good out of the box.Enjoy it!

porkpie likes this.
  13. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
  14. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Well, after seven days Amazon finally shipped it out.

BlueSquirrel likes this.
  15. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-Meister

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    I just waited two weeks on a guitar rack from scabazon

16. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Wow! Amazing guitar! I wish they would sell them in Europe as well.

johnnywizzo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice