Just a Shout-Out to ST

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by RetiredNSquired, Apr 26, 2019.

1. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    I've been a member here for less than a year. Came in just to find some info and get some help with my Strat project. What I found is one of the most helpful, supportive, non-judgemental bunch of folks anywhere on the web!
    Anytime I've put out a question, on just about anything, people seem to come out of nowhere with good information and insight. Lots of knowledge around here, and it's great how willing everybody is to share it. I've had folks who don't know me in any way pitch in with stuff I've needed, sometimes with no expectation of getting paid.
    Also, just the chance to interact with a bunch of really good people is one of the highlights of my day. First place I come when I get on-line, just to see what's going on in our little corner of the world.
    Oh, and y'all are the biggest bunch of GAS enablers to be found anywhere! (but that's cool, too.)
    Anyway, just wanted to give props to everybody and all you do to keep me entertained.

2. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
  3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I know you mean. I joined here almost two years ago and found the same thing. Just a really good group of people. So a shout out of thanks from me as well!

4. mschafft

mschafft Squier Talker

May 5, 2018
    Switzerland
    Squier Talk and Gretsch Talk are my favourites.

5. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Thank you, although some times we do make embarrassing mistakes,

Like you I came here to figure out the attraction of Strats, as my first one was very unimpressive. Now some 4 1//2 years later I've gone from one Strat to twenty two Strats (plus 2 bodies) and three Teles, with another Strat on the way. Hard to believe living mostly on Social Security. We are a bunch of enabling people.

Enjoy and have fun.

6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  7. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Everything was great until that secret Squier Talk camping trip. Now it's just awkward...:D

8. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Stories and pics, please!

9. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    *..............."shudders".................

10. kenneth

kenneth Squier-Meister

Aug 3, 2016
    Canada
    Yes, never seen a guitar forum with virtually no snobbery or ego like this one. This place definitely has some remarkable members.
    ( not sure what happens at a ST camping trip, buy sounds like fun anyways!)

RetiredNSquired and dbrian66 like this.
  11. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    I'm hip, @RetiredNSquired.

So many other Internet discussion forums can descend into hubris and needlessly escalated arguments at the drop of a hat, it seems like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice