Just a reminder to Classic Vibe lovers

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DougMen, May 4, 2019.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
  2. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Over the years I was lucky to score some used CV Teles at bargain prices, even built a couple from parts on ebay. They are everything that players say and more. We're looking forward to the new Indo's, but you have to think back, when was anything ever built better than it's predecessor? I say the "benchmark" was set, if you can grab one, do it, the value of the originals is only going up.

3. Off the top of my head I can't tell you exactly how many CV's I have. I think it's 5 or 6. I won't be parting with any of what I have now.
    Cheers, Barrie.

stratfreak, Caddy and drewcp like this.
  4. stratfreak

stratfreak Squier-Meister

May 1, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Glad I have my MIC sunburst 50s CV Strat. Wish I had bought a red one back when they first came out.

5. squierfire

squierfire Squier Talker

May 11, 2019
    Germany
    Any info if the neck shapes on the "new" CVs will be different? Maybe chunkier?

6. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I just recently bought a Chinese made Fender Player Special Telecaster. It is a pine body and maple neck and fretboard. It's the one that comes with three pickups with a Strat pickup in the middle and a humbucker in the bridge position. I've got an MIM Mustang and several other Squiers, and the Chinese Tele is the best built and best playing guitar of them all. I think I should replace the bridge humbucker at some point, but for now, it suits me just fine. Plus the fit and finish is second to none.

Chinese Tele.jpg

mb doug likes this.
  7. TomL

TomL Squier-holic

I’ve not really noticed much of a difference in terms of quality between CVs and VMs.

I do think the CV Tonerider pickups are a bit more consistent than the VM Duncan Designed - the DDs in my VM Jag are gorgeous, but I was disappointed with the ones in my VM Mustang.

optofonik likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice