Joe Bonamassa

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Hotrod89, Nov 21, 2019.

1. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    And you know Elvis just blew a lot of people away - the guy had 602 recordings to his credit without ever having having written a single tune. So you have to figure it was the way he delivered the tunes because nobody else could have done them like he did.

Davis Sharp and BuddyLee like this.
  2. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    It's in the heart. Johnny Cash was the same way. And John Lennon can't touch either of them.

It's called humility.

3. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    A lot more people might have been fortunate enough to hear Danny Gatton but he didn't want to tour. But anybody lucky enough to catch him in the DC area when he was alive learned why he was called "The Humbler".

Jimi? Yeah, a lot folks have done well with his licks but you know I haven't heard anybody yet who could come close to the way he could play rhythm guitar.... the way he could hang in there and be part of the rhythm section's power instead of soloing all over it. His ensemble playing (no doubt from backing up horn sections in his early days) is why he's been a monster player for me since 1967.

Jimmy Bryant? Holy Crap! What does it take to sound like you belong in the same band as Speedy West? What's it like to be able to play clean, fast and tasty? Yup - no doubt about it, these guys were all not fully realized as players unless we grew up learning and listening to them.

so1om and BuddyLee like this.
  4. Hotrod89

Hotrod89 Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2015
    Alabama
    I don’t know him, (Bonamassa) personally, but I’ve heard he was a jerk.

so1om likes this.
  5. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    It sells magazines. If they put a no name up there what would they sell.
    I can walk down Bourbon Street on any given Saturday night and here the best blues out there these days.
    That would sell diddly.
    Isn't Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, etc....still alive...They are old news.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice