Jason Isbell prolific song writer

Discussion in 'Music, Theory, Tab and Such' started by surf green, Apr 11, 2019.

1. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    I think Jason Isbell is one of the most prolific song writers of today. An underdog to the likes of Chris Stapleton, John Melloncamp, and Neil Young, Isbell's talent as a writer and performer runs amongst the best. Here's a couple live w/his 400 Unit Band.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    DJGranite, BorderRadio and vinbur like this.
  2. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    I'm an original Heathen, Drive By Truckers megafan, and the three albums they did when he was with them was their peak IMO. Love him.

surf green and vinbur like this.
  3. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    There’s an entire concert by him on YouTube at the Boston house of blues. It is 100% kick ass from beginning to end, highly recommended.

surf green likes this.
  4. vinbur

vinbur Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2017
    nebraska
    Jason flew under my radar until i saw a rerun of Austin City Limits a couple of yrs. ago. I have always loved the "grittier" singer songwriters. John Prine and Billie Joe Shaver are my favorite old school guys. Jasons songwriting and performances are up there with the best. I still watch his version of Cover Me Up from ACL probably at least once a week and get chills every time. There are some very talented young guys out there, but it seems to take some effort to find them. Tyler Childers comes to mind.

surf green likes this.
  5. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    Drive-By Truckers and Jason are great, big fan.

surf green likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice