Jagmaster Switch is haunted

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by Poto15, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Poto15

Poto15 New Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    The tone switch on my Jagmaster pops out of the lowest setting and into the middle setting while I'm playing. Any ideas on how to rectify this would be appreciated. Thank You!

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    nowhere
    Welcome to the forum!!

When you say 'tone switch' do you mean the 3-way pickup selector? If you're hitting it while strumming that's just a technique issue....

Poto15 likes this.
  3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I saw the title and I was like,

"You have my attention..."

Lol... First thing I thought of was that maybe you were hittin the switch while you were playin... God knows we've all done that, lol... Or the way you hold the guitar, or sit with the guitar, it could be rubbin against ya... I've never played a jagmaster, and I have no idea about how you play...

But, I HAVE also seen switches that have a tendency to favor a certain position, or get "sticky", that'll pop outta place...

Poto15 likes this.
  4. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I think these are not open frame switches (where you can tweak the contacts with needle nose pliers). i'd clean it with contact cleaner (or whatever. even WD-40) in the short term while you wait for a switch to replace it. I bet it took a hit from something and damaged the insides.

Poto15 likes this.
  5. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    I would just order a new switch.

Poto15 and so1om like this.
  6. Poto15

Poto15 New Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thank You all. I do not have to hit it while playing it just pops out of position on it's own. And yes, I did mean the 3 way pickup selector. Thank You all for your help!

7. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    A little stiff axle grease.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice