Is USPS on lock-down ???

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddie, Mar 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM.

1. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Tracking number shows my package was dropped off at the Staten Island PO on Saturday. It's been stuck there ever since.

Staten Island is about 20 minutes from my house without traffic. $15 toll though.

My project has been on hold. Waiting for a GM 1984 neck pup.

I messaged the seller to ask if he can give the PO a nudge. No reply.

I know we have more things to worry about than a $15 pickup ...

2. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Local PO's are open here. I sent something this week and it tracked to delivery today, have seen the letter carrier in the neighborhood and harvested my one piece of junk mail just a while ago! You guys in NY State are hit hardest w the CV currently, so that could make the difference. Really, you've got 2 choices: wait until one day the sun shines on you & the package is delivered OR, call a USPS help number and be prepared to wait, and maybe be transferred and wait some more until you can get some more info about the status. I'd definitely recommend a nice home-based wait on the phone before going over there w no additional info & maybe paying that toll for naught.

3. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    I'm in East Central Ga and the USPS seems to be fine down here. I sent out 3 EBay sales today and they're tracking.

4. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-holic

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    In NYC it may well be considerably delayed. Everything is ok here though..they managed to bring me my gas bill today.

5. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    The Verrazano is up to $19 now, one way. Free the other way

6. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    You da Man!

7. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Fudge. I haven't been checking my EZ-Pass in awhile. But I usually leave the city from the Holland Tunnel. No tolls. But for the return trip, I usually take the Outer Bridge Crossing (I think $19 by now) into Staten Island, and cross the Verrazano for free.

My GM 1984 is probably on the bottom of some bin in Staten Island somewhere.

8. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Brown trucks been crawlin all over my hood today ! !

9. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    USPS is delivering mail everyday here.

Caddy, Angry Possum, mb doug and 4 others like this.
  10. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    Your mail delivery person isn't named Newman, I hope.

11. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-holic

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    Yup, same here, while I was out tendin to some smokers...

12. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    No delivery problems out here as long as that old mule remains healthy..

13. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2016
    Sackville, NB, Canada
    I would imagine that USPS, UPS, Purolator, etc. would be deemed to be essential services these days, with brick & mortar stores shuttered up and people discouraged from going out.
    The last two deliveries we got, the guy dropped it off and was gone. Not even a knock on the door.
    I didn't even know that my new laptop had been delivered until I checked the tracking, and it said it was delivered 10 minutes ago. I go to the enclosed porch, and there was the box. The guy was so quick and stealthy that the dog didn't even bark.

14. JamesPaul

JamesPaul Squier Talker

USPS is still delivering in Central OH. They put a package of tubes in my mailbox yesterday. Given what I have seen on the news, I am sure it is more of a challenge for them in NY.

15. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I had the same problem with a Guitarmadness pickup. It was stuck in Staten Island. I messaged him and he said stuff sometimes gets stuck there. He sent a replacement and the original showed up about 2 months later.

16. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Argh !!!! That's what I'm guessing will happen. I ordered a Fleor neck HB for now. My project is on stall until I get a neck HB.

17. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

In this case, I think they are being wise not touching anything that might be shared. Like a doorbell. I guess the best they could do is holler. The last thing anybody needs if for one or more of the delivery services go down.

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  18. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Squier-Nut

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    @Eddie USPS is up and running as normal here in Satan Island.

19. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I am pretty sure they Recently changed the tolls to split both ways. Just part of the price we pay for living on an island.

20. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice