Is this squier strat original or fake?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Xerxessq, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
  2. Xerxessq

Xerxessq Squier Talker

Jan 8, 2017
    Iran
    Ok. Im really sorry but Im getting very confused. Which one if these guitars is SE? The one that is in the living room is what Im talking about. I see no stickers on it!!!!

There is an sticker in the guitar with the google link in the back of the neck. Are you talking about that guitar?The 20th anniversary guitar?

Also about the string: the strings that start with gauge 10 are better? Why not thr ones that start with 9? Do they sound different? I've heard, the lesser gauge for strings could be easier and sifter to play. Is it true?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Just get the SE already!.. the one in the living room..
    Great guitars!.. welcome to squier addict talk..

4. Xerxessq

Xerxessq Squier Talker

Jan 8, 2017
    Iran
    Now that's the answer I want . haha

I'll buy it today

5. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-Meister

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Yes, exactly that.

6. Xerxessq

Xerxessq Squier Talker

Jan 8, 2017
    Iran
    I finnally bought it. The sixth string has a whiiiz sound. I guess i need to give it to someone to adjust it.

But the thing that worries me is the two tone adjustments that are below volume... They dont seem to work. Do I have to test it on amplifier? I have connected it to a normal speaker. The person whom I bought this guitar from, he had the squier amp from the pack. It was terrible. I just decided to buy the guitar, since you guys told me it is worthy to be bought.

Last thing to say, what amp should I buy? I was thinking about a full tube for my room. My thoughts from the begining was to buy a cheap electric guitar and a full tube amp to make it sound good. I dont have much money. I had to decide to buy one expensive equipment. Either amp or guitar. I'm going for the amp.

So, if you give me some suggestuons, I would appreciate it . As my profile says, I live in iran, equipments are really hard to be found. Even the guitar I just bought, the price was the same as the whole (new) pack.

7. OldGuitarPlayer

OldGuitarPlayer Squier-Nut

Jul 17, 2012
    the basement
    On a strat there are two tone controls and one volume. The tone controls only work on the middle and neck pickup and controls the tone of those pickups independently. The tone control next to the volume is for the neck pickup. The one next to it is for the middle pickup. The pickup close to the bridge has no tone control. You should have a 5-way switch which will give you five different tone options.

Switch
    Position 1: Bridge pickup only
    Position 2: Bridge & middle pickup
    Position 3: Middle pickup only
    Position 4: Middle and neck pickup
    Position 5: Neck pickup only

Hope this helps!

8. Xerxessq

Xerxessq Squier Talker

Jan 8, 2017
    Iran
    Thanks to you and other members for helping me to buy this guitar. I'm glad I have joined this forum.

Rock on

9. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    By don't work, you hear no difference? They won't work if it is in the bridge position all the way to the back. The first tone knob works in the two positions closest to the neck and then the back one works in the middle position and the one before the bridge. If they are popping or scratchy, you can spray some electronic spray on the pots and that can bring them back to life.

10. Flowing Chords

Flowing Chords Squier-Meister

Sep 27, 2016
    Wisconsin
    The "whiiiz sound." I assume is the string too low, (a buzz sound?). Raise it up with the two little hex screws on each bridge block. Maintain symmetry. The difference of sound from the two tone controls may be difficult to perceive with out a sufficient amplifier. "PEAVEY" or "Randall" amplifiers are good for not much money. Do not expend more than $50 for a used, medium or small size PEAVEY or Randall amplifier with speaker. Try to expend $25 ;) Choose the best amp with speaker and say "$25!", then they will laugh and then bring you a good one ;) Tube amps are nice but require more maintenance. Possibly you would want a "Guitar Processor", like a "DigiTech RP-155 Guitar Processor". Search youtube for the "DigiTech Guitar processor". The guitar processor will feed a big amplifier or will use headphones for private playing with many 'sound effects' like Chorus and Distortion and Delay and Phase Shift and Reverb, also a string tuner, a USB output, a "Looper" and drum machine. Send us many pictures to this page. The SE is a very good guitar. Look down the neck sides to determine irregularity. 0.09 for the 1st string is too thin and quiet for me, I will need 0.10 next time.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Acidhouse and squierbilly like this.