Is it time...

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by Robbmonster, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Robbmonster

Robbmonster Squier-holic

For this section to be folded in with the Squier Offset's section, given Squier Jagmasters and Duo-Sonics are both discontinued?

Just a suggestion.

Or is it too much back-end trouble?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. guitar guy

guitar guy Squier-holic

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Though they may be discontinued, people still own them and therefore the space remains for those who own them and those who pickup used ones, new owners of used guitars that have questions about them, etc. Plus the Dousonic wasn't really an offset.

Robbmonster likes this.
  3. Robbmonster

Robbmonster Squier-holic

Fair enough, just thought I'd throw it out there. It's always puzzled me why those two - comparatively obscure - guitars have their own section. Why no 51 and Cyclone section? None of my business really, just thought the section might perhaps be consolidated elsewhere since the last post - before this one - was almost 6 weeks ago. No posts in that section AT ALL in the month of August.

I always thought the Duo-Sonics WERE offset, but then again I think Strats are offset, but no one agrees with me ;)

ponca likes this.
  4. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Yes I guess I'm one of the diehards and to me the Duo-Sonic and the Mustang are not true offsets ... but the Jaguar and the Jazzmaster and the weird-looking (to me) Jag-Stang, also no longer in production, are or were true offsets.

I have one of those butterfly-shaped SX Liquids which on one hand is an offset because of the body design ... but on the other hand is NOT an offset because, like a Strat, the sides of the body are not offset enough.